Hell's Kitchen Lounge

150 Lafayette St., Newark, NJ, USA

Hell's Kitchen Lounge Newark Reviews

six2midnight six2midn…
Hidden Treasure Dec 06, 2011
For most people who are familiar with New Jersey, hearing the city of Newark, NJ will most likely prompt the following thoughts in your head: drugs, gangs, violence, crime etc. A town in which you should only drive by during daylight hours. But after working 2 years in the same city I myself feared, I began exploring the surrounding areas and found that Newark,NJ is actually a rather large city which is composed of good and bad areas.

One place I stumbled upon (while lost) was a Red building located in a corner near Penn Station. I was curious of the place and its name "Hell's Kitchen Lounge" seemed like an interesting place, so once I found my way to work I asked some on my co workers if anyone knew of this place, and one person replied "yes, that place is amazing I love going there".

After much debating I decided to check the place out. Upon arriving we were able to park in a small lot located adjacent of the building, there is also street parking as well. As I walked towards the entrance there was a security guard checking IDs, which surprised me because the place seemed like a small time bar. The moment I stepped in, I immediately notice the dark devilish theme; the lighting is very dark, there are candles lit and the wall decor consist of pictures of retro pin up girls along with some New Jersey Devil memorabilia. The place itself isn't very large but you don't have to worry about touching shoulders with other people.

The host greeted us immediately and provided us with a drink menu which consisted of some very interesting names such as: Garden of Eden, Dancing with the Devil, Voo-Doo,Dorado Diablo Margarita, Spanish Fly Cafe, Zombie, as well as usual drinks you would find at any bar. There was a DJ who was spinning the Top 40s, and a number of people on the dance floor. It was a very "upbeat" atmosphere. I had a couple of drinks, which by the way I don't know if it was the atmosphere in this place or me but I did not feel buzzed until the moment I walked outside. The place also is a restaurant and provide breakfast, brunch, lunch etc. How ever they stop serving food at around 7-8pm.

Overall it is a great place if you are looking to have a good time. The staff is extremely nice and friendly and worked well under pressure and the drinks aren't overly priced. So if you are ever in town don't be afraid to stop by, you wont regret it!
vulindlela says:
Glynnes says:

Congrats on being Today's Featured Travel Review.
six2midnight says: