Hell's Gate National Park

Naivasha, Kenya
Hell's Gate National Park - Giraffes.. these ones crossed the road right in front of my bike, but I didn't get my camera out in time to catch the moment
Hell's Gate National Park - The road through the park
Hell's Gate National Park - Amazing cliff faces
Hell's Gate National Park - Down in Hell's Gate

Hell's Gate National Park Naivasha Reviews

emilly emilly
a fun place to visit Dec 30, 2013
Hell's gate is a unique national park with plenty of wildlife and gorges. Its hot but beautiful.

there are plenty of animals to see, like the giraffes, gazelles, zebras, snakes, buffaloes, baboons, warthogs and etc. No lions though. The entry charges for the local is kshs 300 and for foreigners is kshs.2500.

you can take a walk in the park or use vehicle or hire a bicycle from the main gate. We hired bicycles for kshs.500 and rode for 8.2 kilometers to the gorge, it was fun, great fun, i loved it.

in the park you see animals upclose, it was incredible, and also people rock climbing.

at the gorge, there are many routes leading to various places, like one for example, the devils bedroom that i didn't get to see because my partner was tired. Its a lovely place, but be cautious when trekking, there are snakes, take a guide with you to show you places and also for safety.

if you will trek in the evening beware of buffaloes, during the day, wear protective clothing, sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat. Take plenty of water with you it can get really hot. If you get in trouble you can always call kws, they will sort you out.

the local people living there,mainly from the masaai community can also assist you, they are knowledgeable and friendly.
sonis80 sonis80
most beautiful gorges May 22, 2012
The hell's Gate national par is located in Naivasha,rift valley province ,kenya its about one hour drive out of Nairobi,the park is full of activities as many people both local and international travelers lie to go there for camping,picnics,and sight seeing,there a number of wild animals to wow your eyes and massive gorges naturally formed as if they were curved by highly professional crafters,the gorges are deep and wide and just in case you didnt know some of the scenes from the movie Tomb Raiders were shot on these gorges ,so its a must see place also the animated movie,King lion shot in this remarkable place,its breath taking sight!!
PeachLAmour PeachLAm…
An unusual way to do a safari May 03, 2012
Cycling through a national park with giraffes, baboons, zebras and warthogs wondering freely round you is something that you must do. Look up and there's huge eagles soaring overhead.

I suggest you pay extra at the end of the park to go for a walk through the gorge. We ended up with a man who said he is part of the Masai tribe (judging by his stretched ears he wasn't fibbing).

You can rent bikes from most accommodation in the area for a pretty reasonable price. And there is a road, albeit a little treacherous, that goes to and through the park. I fell off my bike going a little too fast down a hill, so be careful.

I don't want to give too much away, because I had never heard of it til I got there, and it was great fun.
Down in Hell's Gate
Amazing cliff faces
The road through the park
Giraffes.. these ones crossed the …
kenyanbeauty kenyanbe…
Adventourous Park Sep 21, 2010
Hell’s Gate National Park covers an area of 68.25 square km and is situated in the environs of Lake Naivasha about 90 km from Nairobi. The park is 14 km after the turnoff from the old Nairobi-Naivasha highway.

It is characterized by diverse topography and geological scenery. It is an important home of the lammergeyer. Hell’s Gate has two gates that are used by visitors – the main Elsa Gate and the Olkaria Gate. The latter also serves the Olkaria Geothermal Station that is located inside the National Park.

Climatic conditions - Warm and dry

Attractions - Game viewing, raptor nesting in cliffs, spectacular gorge walks, hot springs, scenic landscape, the Geothermal Station, Maasai culture.

Wildlife - Includes eland, buffalo, lion, giraffe, zebra, leopard, impala, Grant’s and Thomson’s gazelle, klipspringer, rock hyrax and Chanler’s mountain reedbuck

Access - Roads: The Park is accessible via tarmac road from Nairobi. (90 km) via Naivasha town on the Lake Road South at Junction 5 km south of Naivasha.

Accommodation - While there is no accommodation in the park, a wide range of options exist in nearby Naivasha, or along Moi South Lake Road which leads from Naivasha to the park.

Best time to visit - All year round

Activities - Hiking, camping, rock climbing, biking, bird watching and wildlife viewing

Related Travel Blogs About Hell's Gate National Park

Day Two - Hells Gate National Park & Lake Naivasha
I don’t know how but somehow I managed to finally drift off to sleep despite the never ending noise and kerfuffle in and around the hotel. Our room was positioned right next to the emergency st…Hell’s Gate National Park when we finally reached it, was an open landscape of green grassland in and amongst jagged cliffs; a small park of 68 square kilometres…
Hell;s Gate National Park in Kenya
Kenya safaris and Holiday, Tanzania Safaris and Holiday, Trekking in Mount Kenya and KilimanjaroWhile planning your Kenya safari, try and include Hell's Gate National park in Naivasha. I went there…Hell's Gate National Park is a tiny park located between Naivasha Lake and Longonot and Suswa volcanoes and it is an ideal…
Africa! But first Taiwan.
I've booked my overland African safari for next summer. A nice summer sale coupled with a favorable USD-GBP exchange rate prompted me to act now and book a trip for next June. Still a long, long w…parks I'll be going to include: The Masai Mara, Lake Naivasha, and Hells Gate National Park in Kenya, the Ngorongoro…

Check Naivasha Hotel Deals