Hello Malta - Malta's Scenic Tour

Hello Malta - Malta's Scenic Tour Reviews

jeminigirl jeminigi…
A Great Way to spend a Morning Jul 16, 2015
Having nothing planned for Thursday morning I booked this tour the night before through the rep in my hotel. The cost was 36 euros which included a visit to Palazzo Parisio, Dingli Cliffs and Buskett Gardens, also included in the price was the opportunity for coffee and sampling of the traditional Maltese Pastizzi.

I was collected at 9.05am prompt from the hotel – whilst my fellow tourists were hopping on modern air conditioned coaches I was treated to a vintage Maltese bus for my tour, there was only another four tourists on this leg of the tour, but the rest of our group met us at Palazzo Parisio.

Palazzo Parisio is situated in Naxxar (pronounced Nasharr.) A charming Stately home, Baroque in style, with stunning views over beautiful gardens (I’ll write a separate review later.) We spent around 90 minutes touring Palazzo Parisio before boarding our vintage bus which would take us onwards to Dingli Cliffs. One of the highlights en route was the stunning views.

Dingli Cliffs – the views were breath-taking and you can clearly see the uninhabited isle of Filfla, there is also the Chapel of St Mary Magdalene, which alas is only open to the public on two occasions - July 22 – the feast day of Mary Magdalene and the Sunday during holy week. (again I’ll write a little review later.)

We spent about ten minutes here admiring the views before boarding our bus again and travelling onwards to Buskett Gardens. On arrival we made our way to the small café and were treated to a well-deserved coffee and the Maltese Pastizzi, a pastry that is traditionally filled with either peas or ricotta. After this coffee break I was expecting a tour of the gardens, but we were requested to board the bus for our return journey. This was my only disappointment during the tour.

All in all a very good tour, with a very knowledgeable guide, the highlight for me was travelling on a vintage bus, though some of my fellow tourists did complain about the lack of air conditioning. However, I think it added authenticity to the tour.
A traditional Maltese Bus =)
Vintage Bus
Vintage Bus sign
My transport for the morning =)
jeminigirl says:
Brian it was fabulous, I agree about the AC, just had the window wide open - the bus had so much character =)
Posted on: Sep 07, 2015
spocklogic says:
Vintage bus ride sounds great - Lack of AC shouldn't matter & use old fashioned way with open windows!
Posted on: Sep 06, 2015