Hello Kitty Sweets

02 2711 1132

Hello Kitty Sweets Taipei Reviews

Vanessa_Mun_Yee Vanessa_…
Another place for Hello Kitty fan - Hello Kitty Sweets (cafe) Sep 06, 2009
There is a Hello Kitty café in down town Taipei, named “Hello Kitty Sweets”

It is about 5 minutes walk from the metro station. (Zhong Xiao Fu Xing station)

We got off from a further station and it took us about half an hour to find the café. We were told it is close to the Sogo department store; however I didn’t see it when I was there. I spent some time outside the café before going in because I had to “admire” the cakes and decorations displayed by the entrance of this cute café. The was painted in pink and you definitely won't miss it.

We were waited by a cute girl dressed in Hello Kitty apron and Hello Kitty socks and Crocs. I told Charlie – I would love to work here! She lead us to the second floor where I can see chandeliers decorated by little kitty soft toys. Wall painted in pink (of course) and red color/golden color chairs. We took the red-color chairs and the tables were cover in Hello Kitty table cloth. The menu is already set on the table – with Hello Kitty face on it. Flipping through the menu was fun, looking at the pictures and various cakes in the design of Hello Kitty. The napkin is also with a kitty face on it.

After admiring the environment and the menu, is time to order. We were surprised that they do not have Cappuccino but only Espresso, Lattes and Macchiato.

We ordered one original flavor Latte, one rose flavored Latte and a Tiramisu.

While waiting for the drink, I took some pictures and went to the rest room. The rest room door has a Kitty face on it and when I went inside, there were not much Kitty design as I would have imagined. Ok, they have a Kitty toilet roll dispenser and a Kitty hand towel dispenser.

The original flavor latte came and it has a kitty face on it, in brown color – cute! Then my Rose flavored latte arrived, this time the kitty face is in pink – make sense.

The highlight was the Tiramisu; it was carefully and nicely decorated. To our surprised, it was actually a good Tiramisu, better then some 5 star hotels! And the Lattes were good too.

The price was a little expensive though; one Latte cost about USD10 and the tiramisu is about USD6. We never had a Latte that would cost USD10!!

I was a little disappointed about the café though, I wish they will have more kitty designed things in the café. For example: the desert forks and spoons could be the kitty forks and spoons; the cups and saucers could be kitty cups and saucers. The trash can and the sink in the toilet could be in kitty design (I have seen these thing, therefore I know they are exist) the chairs could be in kitty design instead of the ordinary red/golden color.

We decide this is going to be a one time thing, I have seen it and tasted it and that is all I needed. Although the food and drink were good but the price is a little too high.
Window display of Hello Kitty Swee…
Hello Kitty cakes
Hello Kitty wall
Kitty menu and napkin
iramalama says:
this is so funny!
Posted on: Nov 12, 2009
Vanessa_Mun_Yee says:
Taiwan has the most Hello Kitty goodies I ever seen. They have a Kitty airplane, waiting area, resort and a cafe!
Posted on: Sep 06, 2009
lauro says:
hahah my female cousins were a fan of hello kitty when they were young! lol in the 80s! hahaha
Posted on: Sep 06, 2009