Heinekin music hall

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Heinekin music hall Amsterdam Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Nov 13, 2007
The music hall is a large live music venue at ArenA boulevard in Amsterdam, and a great venue. The facilities include a well staffed cloakroom, enough bars in different areas where you probably don't have to queue too long, and clean toilets with actual toilet paper. Even after the gig. Honestly.

The bar prices are reasonable - three euros for a beer slightly smaller than a British Pint, which is really good for inside a large venue, at least compared with the UK. Sensibly, you change your money for tokens when you get there which means that the bar staff don't have to get change and that the queues at the bar are really quick. I guess this runs the risk of you changing too much money and getting stuck with the tokens, so bring plenty of small denomination bills if you're worried about that.

There are also people wandering around with kegs of beer on their backs so you can get a small beer for 2€ without loosing your friends. As I didn't have any that night, that wasn't an issue, but I still thought it was a great idea.

For such a large hall there was a good atmosphere, and there's some seating and a balcony at the back (at least when I went) if you really want to sit down. The staff were largely friendly, security were efficient, and the walk from the ArenA station is about 1 minute and there's no way you can get lost. Trains are frequent, as the area is on the airport line.

And the sound quality? I have no idea. I was right under the speaker stack two feet from the front. I'll be shouting for days.
sarahelaine says:
I don't know about stuck - I had a great view. I'm about 5 foot 1 - not sure what that is in metres - it's always great to be able to see the band at all. It was amazing!!!
Posted on: Nov 15, 2007
Aopaq says:
Ah yes...that old ringing in the ears while trying to sleep after a music concert where you are stuck in front of the speakers...brings back memories!
Posted on: Nov 15, 2007