Heineken Brewery

020 523 9222

Heineken Brewery Amsterdam Reviews

NickelP NickelP
Fun times at the Brewery Oct 02, 2015
I toured the Heineken brewery in September 2015. 16 Euros got you entry to the brewery and tokens for 2 beer after your self guided tour.

I wasn't expecting much going in but actually quite enjoyed it. The tour showed alot of the history of the brewery with some of the first ever bottles on display.

There was an interactive movie that was fun. Be prepared to get wet!

Do you know how to pour a proper pint? Well you can test yourself on a virtual pour. Apparently I can't. I still disagree brewery machine!

As the Rugby World Cup was happening when I was there, they had a section dedicated to rugby where you could try your hand at kicking conversions (I did pretty good) or being part of a scrum. There was also another room dedicated to football (soccer).

For the beer, you moved on to actual staff who would explain the ingredients and show how it's made. They had wort (the liquid extracted from the mashing process of the barley). It was actually quite sweet. Then it was on to the tasting room for a smaller taste of Heineken before heading to the bar room to enjoy 2 regular pints with your tokens.

There is also a gift shop on your way out with many different gift ideas. For my best friend, I brought home a pint glass engraved with his name (they have engravers on site).
NickelP says:
You'll have to go if you are ever in Amsterdam again Sylvia. Your husband will like it even better sitting in the brewery.
Posted on: Mar 11, 2017
starship1 says:
It was a shame we missed visiting here when we were in Amsterdam last year, especially as my husband loves Heineken!
Posted on: Mar 11, 2017
NickelP says:
Yes! I'm not a Heineken drinker at home since we have so many better choices here but it certainly tasted great at the brewery.
Posted on: Mar 05, 2017
christl3 christl3
Heineken brewery Mar 20, 2011
The Heineken Brewery is a recommended few hours thing to do in Amsterdam.

It costs €15 euro which initially i found quite expensive but afterwards found fairly reasonable.

The staff at the brewery all appear to really enjoy their jobs and are very friendly. I found this brewery quite interactive which is so much more interesting than just walking around reading tonnes of text from walls and books etc.

There is, for instance, a personalised Heineken bottle maker that u pay €5 for but get your name put on a bottle! There is a simulator which puts u in the 'making of the beer'! You are the beer! There is a tasting room where they let u taste the beer and after asking the friendly dutch man could i keep the cute glass he responded 'what i don't see i don't know'... on this note i popped the glass in my bag ;)

With your ticket u get two complimentary tokens for 2 glasses of Heineken but if u stay in the drinking room for long enough other people are bound to give u their tokens!!!

Altogether very worthwhile thing to do in Amsterdam.
Foxtrot04 Foxtrot04
Beer Lovers Jun 07, 2011
A must for beer lovers and one of the number one things to do in Amsterdam. Definitely a very interactive brewery compared to others. You can chill in a Heineken recliner chair and watch the many different types of commercials they have brought out or there's a room with massive projector screens all around you. Make your own beer or wallpaper plus more And right at the end have a few free beers then check out the Heineken gift shop which has everything.
lizzardink lizzardi…
HEINEKEN!!!! Mar 07, 2011
The Heineken brewery tour was a good tour. If you are in to history its a good tour to take but if you are into beer its a better tour to take. I was pretty hung over and drained the morning we went here. My two friends are both big Heineken drinkers so they really enjoyed the tour. At the end of the tour you have a chance to Brew your own Heineken and have your name put on the bottle. Also at the end of the tour you get 2 free drinks which is good. I would actually suggest visting this place.
ylwu53 ylwu53
Heineken Brewery Jul 03, 2011
After a hard-day of sight-seeing, this is a great place to visit. We took off from the Rijksmuseum at 4'30 and made it in with the last group.

The Tour was interesting with thorough explanation of the history and method. There were a lot of interactive stuff, like 3D experience Heineken,photo and voice mail. One could make their own bottle as well. But singing in Dutch was quite difficult.

Personally, the Heineken tasted better than any place that I have tasted.

The entrance fee was fairly reasonable with I AMsterdam card.

Check Amsterdam Hotel Deals