Heimly pensjonat AS

Flåm, Norway
www.heimly.no - 57 63 23 00

Compare Flam Hotel Rates (1.7km away)

Heimly pensjonat AS Flåm Reviews

davidx davidx
On Norway's 'Nutshell' route Jun 23, 1998
I had been to Norway once and loved it. On the second trip I decided to try the 'Norway in a Nutshell' route - but to make my own arrangements. It's quite simple; I picked on Heimly because it was the cheapest place I could find on the route! I booked for three nights with half board.

You need not spend long on the Internet to find it is still far cheaper than either of two hotels in Flåm. For the life of me I cannot think what the can provide that justifies the extra.

The Heimly Pensjonat is located on the Auerladfjord, one of the arms of the Sognefjord farthest from the open sea. If you look at the picture on their website, http://www.http://www.heimly.no/heimly.no/, the fjord is immediately behind you.

Everything was terrific. The view was spectacular: the food was very good, the en-suite bedroom was comfortable; the owners were exceptionally helpful. The man drives on the famous mountain railway - which I shall review separately soon - and was mortified that he did not recognise me and let me sit with him, when I took the train from the village to the coast in pouring rain. He GAVE me a couple of maps - by no means cheap in Norway - and took me the few hundred yards in his car on my final trip to the station.
Cloud rising on the fjord
Weather on the fjord
Heimly Pesjonat from the fjord
mountaingirl says:
Yes, must agree that the view from the rooms facing the fjord is spectacular and the owner and staff are exceptionally helpful. They sent us on the blueberry challenge and we had a fantastic time harvesting the berries :-)
Posted on: Dec 18, 2010
Glynnes says:
Sounds lovely. Thanks for sharing.
Posted on: Aug 05, 2010
sarahsan says:
Hi David! I´m so happy that you had a good stay in my country. I have wanted to do the "Norway in a Nutshell" for years, but have never got around to do it. Cheers!
Posted on: Jul 31, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Heimly pensjonat AS

Great rail, fine place
The Flåm railway is a privately owned line, even though I was able to buy a ticket from Oslo to Flåm. It is quite marvellous as my review of it explains. Having done reviews of both the r…Fl åm. It is quite marvellous as my review of it explains. Having done reviews of both the rail line and the Pensjonat Heimly

Compare Flam Hotel Rates (1.7km away)

Heimly pensjonat AS Map