Hebrides Hotel Isle of Harris

Check isle of harris Hotel Deals

Hebrides Hotel Isle of Harris Reviews

DAO DAO
Light Apr 16, 2017
I want 3 things from a hotel that I pay good money for. That is a good bed, good curtains to keep the room dark and thick walls. I did get a reasonable bed. This is almost in the Arctic Circle. I was here in June. That means 1 hour of ‘twilight’ and the rest of the 23 hours is daylight. I couldn’t sleep. The curtains didn’t cover the window! And the fact I could hear every noise in the hotel didn’t help.

Hotel Hebrides is the second best hotel in a village with 2 hotels. They renovated an old building by putting in thin, cheap and quick to install walls. There is no insulation of any sort in the walls. The rest is superficially nice.

My room was very tiny and I kept knocking over everything including myself. I did have a few nice bits, but it was all cheap construction. My bathroom was tiny and everything was plastic. I would imagine that a few years form now this hotel will not look like when I stayed there.

The hotel does have an excellent restaurant that I could not afford to eat in a second night. Amazing really. I get $20 a night for a meal allowance and some of the main meals alone were that or more. They have a great bar. Actually that’s the best part and the best place to be at night in the village. Lively with a great bar maid. And they have a reasonable bar food menu I could afford.

So stay at the other hotel and eat here once. That’s my opinion.

DAO’s Verdict:

- Stay at the other hotel if you want sleep

- Excellent toiletries made in Scotland

- The Pierhouse Restaurant ­ the best on the Isle of Harris

- The Mote Lounge Bar ­ best in the village (there is another one)

- An iron and ironing board ­ 1 for the whole hotel!

- Mini bar
starship1 says:
Good tip and great photos!
Posted on: Apr 16, 2017

Hebrides Hotel Isle of Harris Overview

At Hotel Hebrides we intend to provide all the things you would expect to find when staying at an intimate boutique hotel. Sublime comfort , top quality beds, great food, late breakfasts and checkouts, an excellent range of drinks and friendly staff all under one roof. Whatever your plans, whether it is a long stay to discover the beauty of the Hebrides, a romantic weekend, a business visit or fancy a Christmas break somewhere different. We can promise you the warm welcome and service you would expect from a privately-owned hotel. Keeping it small allows our team to focus on your needs and develop a home from home environment. Stay with us, and feel as though you are staying with good friends. At Hotel Hebrides we have room sizes and styles to suit everyone from deluxe king size rooms to single rooms that will accommodate active and business travellers alike. Lie in comfort on your luxurious king- sized bed, and read the latest novel or magazine from a selection of books. Watch a DVD on your state of the art television, take a long soak in a bath filled with your favourite bath oil and keep in touch with the office via the free wi-fi connection in every room.

Hebrides Hotel Amenities

• Wheel Chair Access
  • Salon
  • Massage
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • En suite