Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum

(205) 668-3435

Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum Calera Reviews

X_Drive X_Drive
Some rolling stocks to see May 03, 2013
Everyone that knows me is aware that I love trains in any form, real size or small, old or new. We had found this railroad museum in our planning so it was not really out of our way. But the only problem was that like many places they are not open every day of the year and when we made our way there it was closed. I had seen the hours had been 10am til 2pm Monday through Friday and 9am til 4pm on Saturday and closed Sunday and Monday. But the sign we saw now showed only Saturdays open. But having so many nice pieces of rolling stock we had to get several pictures.

Dedicated to the preservation, restoration, and operation of historically significant railway equipment the museum features a wide range of locomotives, cars and other railroad equipment that dates from the 19th century to the 1950s and operates regularly scheduled excursions with museum equipment over the museum’s track according to the only place I have seen that tells about it. It also features two old depots. Just wish we would have found it open.
alyssa_ob says:
Bummer! At least you got to see some stuff!
Posted on: Oct 11, 2013
Zagnut66 says:
Many of these smaller museums seem to have changing hours or are open weekends only, probably due to their limited budgets or lack of volunteers. But that's no reason not to update their websites to alert visitors.
Posted on: Aug 16, 2013