Heart Hotel Hanoi

Heart Hotel Hanoi Rates and Deals

Heart Hotel Hanoi Reviews

cedunapest cedunape…
A warm welcome awaits Jun 12, 2011
I stayed at the Heart hotel in Hanoi's Old quarter for 10 days from late April to early May theis year. It was the first time I had been to Vietnam, in fact thee first time I had been out of Australia for many years so I didn't really know what to expect. I had read the usual Lonely planet guides and trip advisor and decided to go with the Heart Hotel based on reviews and value for money.

I booked direct with the hotel via email and the response was quick and professional. I arrived early afternoon on a Malaysian airlines flight(whom i would also highly recommend)I picked up and paid for my visa on arrival which was straight forward with no dramas and as promised the private car was there to pick me up from the airport. The driver was nice and spoke some English which helped. The drive itself to the Hotel was an eye opener to say the least!!! Never have i seen such a volume of traffic all doing whatever they want...Welcome to Hanoi I thought.. what have i got myself into here...it's chaos and I am not even in the city yet...!! Anyway we eventually got to the hotel which took about 30 minutes. When I arrived at the Heart Hotel I was greeted warmly by the staff and shown to my room after i had given my passport to them at the front desk.Next thing on the agenda was a cold beer which was in my bar fridge in the room. The room i stayed in initially was quite large for what i paid which was about 42 US. The bathroom was OK ,i would have preferred a separate shower but it was adequate for the money.The bed was fine and thee room was very clean.I stayed on the 6th floor which was a city view and looked over thee street below which was very busy and as such quite noisy up till about 12pm so i ended up moving to a quieter room on the 5th floor which was a bit smaller and a bit more expensive. I moved rooms mostly because of noise from the street and on one occasion the private residence above my room fired up a hammer drill at some unreasonable hour. I did have trouble sleeping for the first 3 or 4 days but bare in mind that i live in Ceduna country SA with a very small population and things are pretty quiet so large amounts of noise/traffic etc is not sometheing theat I am used to so it was all a bit much at first but i eventually got used to it.

One thing that you may want to also check is for renovations that may be going on nearby as 2 doors up they were pouring concrete at 11pm and when your trying to sleep the noise of a concrete pump revving is not conducive to a good nights sleep but this is not the fault of the hotel it's just how things are over there.The streets are so narrow and congested that only once the traders have finished for the night could a concrete truck get into the street.

One feature that you don't get in a 4 or 5 star hotel in Hanoi for some reason is theat theere is complimentary WIFI which was great for me to check emails and do Internet banking etc but if you didn't bring your own PC there is an area by reception where you can use the 2 computers for free. Breakfast was cheap and cheerful with omelette's or Pho Bo and some other items. I ended up buying fresh mangoes from the street a few times and the ladies in the kitchen would peel them and serve them no problem.With so many restaurants and street food vendors nearby you can have breakfast anywhere so the breakfast included in the room price is a bonus. The coffee is great too a real pick me up especially after a big night out.In my opinion I think one of, if not the greatest asset that this little hotel has is it's staff. Super friendly and attentive. Nothing was too much trouble. The location is also great being so close to Hoan Kiem Lake and there are plenty of places to eat and shop all within a few hundred meters.The hotel staff will let you know what things are worth and things to avoid so if you come back with some souvenirs and you ask them, they might put you right on what you should have paid !!! I learnt how to haggle pretty quick and actually quite enjoyed it.

Getting your bearings at night was interesting to say the least so make sure you have your map on you which the staff give you as there are so many hotels with neon signs all over the place and it can be confusing at first.After the first few days of getting my bearings i started to find my way around without too many problems.If you end up staying out a bit late say after 11pm you can pick up the phone outside the hotel and the night manager lets you in.

To sum up my experience at the Heart Hotel if your after a well priced,well located and above all friendly little place then i would highly recommend this hotel. You do get what you pay for and for what you pay it's good value. I am heading back to Hanoi again in a few months...i now have the travel bug... such is the effect that the whole Vietnam experience has had on me, so no doubt i will try to catch up with some of the staff at the hotel again. I am sure if you stayed at the Heart hotel you might be pleasantly surprised.

Heart Hotel Hanoi Overview

- Located in Hang Hanh street the heart of the famous old quarter, Heart hotel is built with exquisite European decoration and architecture. Being with Heart hotel, you could enjoy not only beautiful and romantic Hoan Kiem Lake but also the perfect service. You'll be served devotedly by our professional and experienced staff. In all you will be satisfied and impressed by the elegant and hospitality. - Just some steps to go to Hoan Kiem Lake, just some steps to go shopping and entertainments. The idea location of our hotel allows you to enjoy many cultural attractions as the church of Hanoi, water puppet theatre, temple of Literature Whether you are on business or on your holiday, Heart hotel is the most ideal place for your stay.-The hotel has 15 rooms equipped with the standard of three star hotel.

Heart Hotel Amenities

• Direct dial phone
  • Courier
  • Disabled Parking
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes