Haymarket Hub Hotel

Check Edinburgh Hotel Deals

Haymarket Hub Hotel Edinburgh Reviews

shavy shavy
Opposite to Haymarket station Oct 20, 2017
My first impression during my research of hotels in Edinburgh was directly: what a pricey city for accommodation, this is not a city for budget travellers because hotels are expensive. I've done a long search before I decided to book this hotel.

There are dozen of hostels and guesthouses in Edinburgh but we're not really interested to this kind of accommodation, we're middle age and we found too old staying in a hostel haha, my preference is to the hotels only.

This is our first time in Edinburgh, so I don't have an idea where or how far is the historic town, looking at google maps it say is a few minutes walk, so I'm thinking this is a good location although take about a few minutes walking to Grassmarket, so I hold the room but not completed the booking yet, I continue searching for another hotels in the area and comparing the price.

I usually use Booking.com if I need a hotel, but on this trip to Edinburgh I found an interesting price to another website Hotels.com I sometimes use Hotels.com from time to time if I really need an urgent room because they sometimes have good deals

I'm comparing different websites before I made the final booking of this hotel, but Hotels.com was the cheapest of all. The price of this hotel is 30% cheaper than Booking.com the only thing to be aware off, you can't cancel the room once you book you must paid the total amount (no money return).

I book this hotel three months in advance, the price of the room is 100 euro per night during our stay last October 2017. I find it too much money for a simple room without breakfast, but the location of this hotel is absolutely good close to public transportations.

It was already dark when we reach Edinburgh city, it took 30 minutes ride from the airport with shuttle bus. The hotel is so recognizable from a distance once getting off from the bus.

When we enter to the entrance of the hotel, first thing I saw is the wall, it has a really cool decoration, feel like it saying (welcome to Edinburgh) the stairs goes to check in counter. A friendly girl behind the counter helping us and while my partner checking in I caught my eye to a book stand. They have all brochures of Scotland inside, so I pick up a few booklets and maps.

Is a seven storey building we got a room on the fifth floor, the elevator only operates with your card key (for safety reason and no outsider can go inside) and some doors inside can only open with card key.

We got a room at the backside which was good, no noise from the street. The room is small and cramp no window you're likely in a cubic room, and the room is not made for traveller with big suitcase no space inside for luggage. We both have hand carry which was a disaster we don't know where to put our luggage. So if need something in my bag I have to it put on the bed.

The interior of the room is red, although the room is cramp and small but is nicely organized. The inbuilt television on the wall take no space, the safe deposit box is under a closet, the mirror is on upper side of bed. There is a mobile phone in the room which is free to use, you can take it with you outside, or whatever you do with it, is free of charged but we had our own mobile so we leave it there.

Bathroom is also small but is clean and organized. To my surprise I saw a note stood above the lavabo it says: room make-up is only every third night. I said what? if you need your room cleaned you can request , but we didn't bother. So, we re-used our towels and hangs on the rack after each use.

We staying two nights there, this hotel had strange cleaning policy. If I thinking about the price of a room and the bed is not make up everyday and re-used towel for three days, this hotel is not worth of its price, but the location is absolutely worthwhile.

And the free wifi is very fast, either inside your room or at the hotel lobby. You got password during check in to get access with wifi. Computers are available in the lobby and free of charged for hotel guest

The old town is 15-30 minutes walking, if one don't like to walk, across the building is the tram and bus stops. Shuttle bus to and from Edinburgh airport stops opposite from this hotel.

The hotel doesn't have breakfast include, but downstairs is a bar and restaurant where you can dine and have drinks and they serve breakfast from 7am but we didn't eat there. There is coffeeshop Starbucks across the street where we went for breakfast.
Common guest room
Entrance to check in counter
Check in Counter
Paulovic says:
Congrats being featured today!
Posted on: Dec 10, 2017