Haxnbauer

089/2166540

Haxnbauer Munich Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Haxnbauer May 13, 2009
Haxnbauer is a genuine Bavarian meat house situated in the middle of the city. I had passed it a couple of times and I decided to visit it before it headed out of the city. It seemed always to be full and this time I passed rather early in the evening; around 7pm and went in.

The interior is the typical traditional German with hardwood tables, solid wooden chairs and green cloths. The colour reminded me of a clean cafe bruin in Brussels. There is a quite high noise level due to talking Germans everywhere.

The food arrived fast, almost too fast; I had hardly finished my pronunciation of the dish before I had it in front of me; Fresh potatoes, fresh asparagus and a small piece of meat and loads of béarnaise sauce. The meal was great if you like me like traditional food and not con-fusion kitchen.

The potatoes were fresh and so the asparagus and when it happen you can only enjoy your food. Even though the meat was fantastic I really didn't need it with these fresh vegetables. The support the food I had chosen a beer; a dark or dunkel Acker which was a good choice.

This is truly a place where men come and eat together with meat eating women who enjoys a beer. Mmhh. - Not bad at all. The woman next to me had ordered a whole leg of ham together with salad and a large beer. It all seemed to disappear very fast. She was skinny but most definitely my kind of woman.

My follow up beer was a dunkel weizen from Sanwald, another good choice. As desert I chose fresh strawberries with whipped cream, and they were divine.

As a last remark I could register that the women who visit this place seems to have a lot of fun and their level of laughter accelerates during their stay and the beers they consume; but that is no news, is it?

Check Munich Hotel Deals