Hawaii Paradise Suite Tropical Bed & Breakfast

Hawaii Paradise Suite Tropical Bed & Breakfast - Waterfall Hike
Hawaii Paradise Suite Tropical Bed & Breakfast - Lava going into the ocean
Hawaii Paradise Suite Tropical Bed & Breakfast - Lava going into the ocean
Hawaii Paradise Suite Tropical Bed & Breakfast - Garden
Hawaii Paradise Suite Tropical Bed & Breakfast - Flowers from Jim & Amy's Garden
Hawaii Paradise Suite Tropical Bed & Breakfast - Stone Statue taken while Off-Roading on the way to Green Sand Beach
Hawaii Paradise Suite Tropical Bed & Breakfast - View of backyard where you can play games such as: Volleyball, Mini Golf, Horseshoes, etc

Check Keaau Hotel Deals

Hawaii Paradise Suite Tropical Bed & Breakfast Keaau Reviews

SuperShan1015 SuperSha…
Great Location to Volcanoes Nat'l Park & East Side of Big Island Apr 08, 2010
For the first part of my 11 day trip to the Big Island of Hawaii I stayed on the Kohala Coast at the Fairmont Orchid (see other review).

For the second part of the trip I stayed at Hawaii Paradise Suite B&B located in Keeau, Hawaii on the Big Island for 5 days. I have always been apprehensive about staying in a B&B because I never knew what to expect. This B&B quickly alleviated any apprehension I had about B&B's in general.

Upon arriving at Hawaii Paradise Suite we were greeted by Jim Lee, the owner. Jim quickly introduced us to his wife Amy and young son Hunter. Jim & Amy were the most gracious, accommodating hosts we could have ever imagined. Jim & Amy greeted us in such a friendly way; they made us feel right at home immediately. The accommodations were BEYOND my expectations. We were so happy to have a relaxing trip especially since we had been traveling over a week previously.

The daily breakfasts prepared by Amy every morning were unbelievably delicious. You choose from about 7 breakfasts. You write down your order the night before and can choose what time you would like it served.

The room was pristine and well decorated. The TV (projector screen) was amazing as well. There are many movies you can watch and local TV. Everything was really clean & well taken care of on the property.

There really only is one room to stay in while you are there. It is a dome-shaped house with a glass roof. You can look up at the stars from your bed. If you like to sleep in, this may not be the best option for you since the sun is really bright in the morning. :) The dome portion is broken up into a living room, bedroom, computer room, and bathroom. If you look at the pictures the family who owns the B&B stays in one side, and you get one side to yourself. Another fear of B&B's I had before I went here was 'privacy'. I did not feel a lack of privacy at all while staying here! :)

I would recommend this B&B to a couple who are traveling or perhaps a family with small children since there is one bedroom. However, when I was there Jim told me that they were thinking of adding an area on his property to accommodate larger groups of travelers.

I would highly recommend staying here especially if you want easy access to the Volcano National Park and other hidden "gems" on the east side of the island (waterfalls, hiking trails, etc). There were so many things to do on the east side of the island, as well at as the B&B. Some of the activities at the B&B are: horseshoes, swimming, mini golf, volleyball, and more. You can BBQ here as well. It is a pretty secluded area so you may want to be back there before nightfall since it is super dark at night--no streetlights. The the local nightlife is in Hilo, Hawaii is about a 20 minute drive. The town Puna is nearby but in all honesty I did not feel safe there at night. It is pretty rural in Puna and I felt that out-of-towners weren't really 'welcome'...Just my opinion though.

Jim was very knowledgeable in telling us where to go, and mapped out a schedule for us so we were able to see everything we wanted to on that side of the island in 5 days! He provided us with walking sticks that were very useful in exploring Volcanoes National Park.

I recommend this B&B for anyone who wants a relaxing getaway. It may be a little too sleepy/quiet for people who like to party all night.
Dome-shaped Room at Hawaii Paradis…
View of backyard where you can pla…
Garden