Haveli Inn Pal

Haveli Inn Pal Rates and Deals

Haveli Inn Pal Jodhpur Reviews

halilee halilee
Conflicting feelings.. dirty room, great staff Oct 26, 2012
I've been dreading doing this review as this was really quite a conflicting stay. We stayed here for 2 nights. When I had initially emailed the management/owners of this hotel, I had made a request of several different rooms along with supplying pics of the rooms I liked, and was told that they could not promise me a specific room, just that I would be given a good room. Upon arrival, we were given a probably the one room that thrilled me the least in all the photos I saw despite that one of the rooms I had requested was empty and available as we saw staff in it when we were walking around.

Do note, inside the complex, there is the Haveli Inn Pal and the more upscale Pal Haveli. We stayed at the Haveli Inn Pal.

This would have been no big deal truly, however , the room we were given was rather dirty and filty. The walls and switches were all filthy. One of the sheets on the bed looked like it had been dragged in the dirt it was so dirty. The pillowcases were clean, but the pillows were disgusting and stained and yellow. Pillows on the couches were filthy and there were stains and dirt on the couches themselves. Even the drinking glasses in the room were not clean. I noticed when I entered the bathroom the floor didn't look clean either and so to check, I wet some TP and wiped a very small portion of the floor and it was brown, I don't think the floors have been mopped in quite some time. Being a nurse, this really really bothered me.

However, there was good to be said about the hotel as well. The room was spacious and bright and the bathroom was a good size as well. It was also quiet in the room despite all the noise on the streets. The restaurant is situated on the rooftop and we ate there for breakfasts ( included) and suppers. The included breakfast was decent with eggs, fruit, juice and toast. The suppers we had were very good and the staff in the restaurant were excellent. There was one delay the first night with our supper, taking 1 hr and 20 mins to get our food, but honestly it wasn't a big deal to us as the view took our breath away and we were in no rush. The staff did apologize for the delay. The views of the fort in the evening were absolutely magical!!

I'm not sure if it was just our bad luck to get such a dirty room, or if other rooms were also in such a state. I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone though just on the basis of our experience, which really does upset me as I really really looked forward to staying here and I was hoping this to be one of our more memorable stays, however it wasn't. I can however highly recommend their restaurant. With the food and the views and the wonderful staff, an evening here is extremely pleasant.
hotel facade
bathroom
our room
great rooftop restaurant
missandrea81 says:
Yikes. I like that you did point out good things, but the dirtiness of the room would have turned me away.
Posted on: Nov 20, 2012
monky says:
Congrats on your featured review Hali a shame your experience with the room wasnt nice...they should be more careful about these kind of details and back to your pics great view from rooftop definitely!
Posted on: Nov 17, 2012
simsing says:
Congrats on being featured, Hali!
It would be nice to see that other beautiful hotel featured as well!
Posted on: Nov 17, 2012
Paulovic Paulovic
Living like a Maharaja Jul 31, 2011
In this haveli we really had a very pleasant stay. It was a beautiful building where it was situated in. It is an original haveli, where people stayed who came across the silk route. The history of this building dates back to the early nineteenth century.

The rooms are huge, but when you read huge, it's not like they are just very big. They are really huge! The ceiling is very very high, and in length and wide it's very big too. Also the bathroom is very spacious, too. See on the added pictures. The shower is in the bathroom, without curtains. Normally this is not so nice, because everything gets wet, but because of the size this was not a problem. In the room itself was not a lot of furniture compared to the size of it. But that made it very nice I think. Two big pillars in the middle of the room.

The hotel was clean, so that was not a bad point either. In fact I think there were no bad points of this hotel to mention.

When you entered the hotel complex via the gate, you were in a huge courtyard. There on a corner at the left was the reception, just outside, but under a roof. On that courtyard were hotel rooms.

On the roof was a restaurant. That only evening we were in Jodhpur, we ate at that restaurant. The views were magnificent, because you had a view on the clocktower that was covered into changing lights, red, purple, blue, green, yellow, orange. Also far away there were beautiful palaces to see and not to forget the majestic Meherangarh Fort was raising up above the city, all in lights.

The location was perfect too, because it was right around the corner of the market that was around the square where the clocktower was. This was a very busy area, but very sweet to hang around. So not a better place to stay right in the centre of this very busy business city!

For sure and without any doubt, this place is a must to stay at when you're visiting Jodhpur! I bet you would not regret this choice at all. At least I did not regret this lovely haveli and would go here again if I would ever be in Jodhpur!
The front of Pal Haveli
In the courtyard of the haveli
In the courtyard of the haveli
The sink in the bathroom
Paulovic says:
Yeah, some Maharaja residence in the early 19th century I think.
Posted on: Apr 21, 2012
spocklogic says:
Nice! The building looks old style - Some history?
Posted on: Apr 20, 2012
Paulovic says:
It is, in such a busy and a bit dirty city centre! Loved this haveli!
Posted on: Apr 20, 2012

Haveli Inn Pal Overview

This is a heritage haveli built in 1847. The word 'haveli' means a traditional Indian mansion or courtyard house with external walls rising directly against public streets. It is a place in time and space in which traditional lifestyle and hospitality meets modern amenities such as a travel desk, car rental service, laundry and housekeeping service, a parking facility and WLAN Internet connectivity. The premises are air-conditioned and guests are welcomed in a lobby with a 24-hour reception service. Furthermore, there is a currency exchange facility, bar, conference facilities for business travellers and room service on offer.

Haveli Inn Pal Amenities