Havasupai Lodge

Check Supai Hotel Deals

Havasupai Lodge Reviews

gr8guy gr8guy
Bring your patience to the Havasupai Lodge Jul 05, 2010
Welcome to NOT the fantasy Island Tattoo.

Don't get me wrong, had I to do it again I certainly would HOWEVER, I would have a different frame of mind for the adventure. The surrounding canyons and three water falls are worth the trip. Staying (to me) at the lodge is really only good for two things,, AC and a shower. Other than that, stick with a tent and park it next to the river.

(... but be wise that a flash flood COULD wipe you out.. as has happened a few times int he past) so maybe perch yourself a little higher. The walk from the lodge to the falls is long and you feel like you are walking in deep sand on the beach. If you go in the summer, the rocks bake you like an oven (nearly 125 degrees sometimes with dead air) so opt for spring or fall (fall is by far the best). You can ride a horse in a long train to the falls if you like with your gear. I paid the 87 bucks to fly there because time was short while I was on assignment and the 87 back out again... I guess the 7 minute flight was better than the 7 hour hike.. no joke.

The people generally keep to themselves and you feel tolerated. I never felt welcomed or unwelcome... just kinda... here's another one. I did wave a few times and got a blank stare right back so maybe it was my aftershave? I dunnoh. Think of a run down motel 6 and you have an idea of the accommodations. Once you get to the river.. the mineral content will make you feel greasy so the shower was my best friend.
tpns28 says:
thanks for the tips, did you make reservations ahead of time? i'm planning on visiting possible late this spring or in fall.
Posted on: May 01, 2011
SheLuvz2Fly says:
Thanks for posting this review! I must go to Havasu Falls!
Posted on: Mar 14, 2011