Havana

Heidelberg, Germany

Havana Heidelberg Reviews

oceanroses oceanros…
A bit expensive, but very stylish and tasty Aug 23, 2008
The Havana is a Restaurant, a cocktail-bar and a Salsa-club. Obviously, the setting is in cuban-style and the barkeepers looked very latin to me. The music was a pop-mix. I didn't really go downstairs to the Salsa-club, because I am not a Salsa-dancer, but it did look good.

I thought it was just about two euros too much for everything, but its such a pretty setting, in an old building and a really beautiful garden. There are also tables set up in the garden, but when I was there it was pretty cold, sadly. But the view over the river is great too. Maybe worth paying two euros more.

The cocktails get an okay ranking from me, even though my own Caipi was excellent, the mojitos weren't really as fresh. We also ate a Rollito there, which was really good and with fresh vegetables.

The loo was clean and heated, which says a lot about a location. I only later on learned that it was part of a developing chain, which I really didn't notice, because it was so nice.

As far as I know, they also cater for weddings, if that interests anyone.

Oh, and which I also learned too late, when I went back to photograph it, that is, they have a brunch from 10:00 to 15:00 on Sundays for a cheap 7,50. I wish I had known, but when I came, it was just past two.1
The Havana and its terrace