Hatters Hostel - Liverpool

Check Liverpool Hotel Deals

Hatters Hostel - Liverpool Reviews

hanleyscot hanleysc…
Fun Hostel in Liverpool May 07, 2017
I would like to be completely impartial about this review but in all honesty, I loved Liverpool so much that I could have been staying in the most rat infested hostel in the city and I probably still would be giving it a rave review. With that said, though, I still believe that is a really wonderful place to stay.

Claire and I opted for a private room with two beds. I honestly don't remember the price but I don't recall it being particularly expensive. The room was of decent size. Not huge, but it was definitely big enough for two people. Everything was very clean including the bathroom. Nothing remarkable but it didn't need to be.

Downstairs next to the lobby was a large lounge with a bar, pool table, and fireplace. It did not seem to be busy at all while we stayed there so unfortunately I never actually saw anyone serving drinks at the bar but there were from time to time customers using the lounge area. I discovered later that there was also another room designated as the television lounge room with several comfortable chairs and couches to sit on. There's also a fairly large kitchen down the hallway, as well as a laundry facility. We didn't use any of those but they appeared to be very inviting.

There was also a really nice area outside area with tables and chairs. The house cat seemed to enjoy it the most.

Liverpool is a fairly small town so it's pretty close to everything you would want to see. Getting to it from the train station does require walking uphill a bit of the way so be prepared for that if you are carrying some heavy luggage.

All of the staff were very friendly and helpful with directions and suggestions. Despite having some issues with the door key (it took a little finagling to operate), I eventually got the hang of it and was able to stop bugging the front desk clerk.

Considering that the first night we never actually shut the door all the way, no one let themselves in and took any of our belongings so it seems pretty safe there. I still blame Claire for not closing the door. It was probably me. But it's more fun to blame her.

All in all, The Hatters Hostel in Liverpool is definitely worth checking out.

Check Liverpool Hotel Deals