Hato Bus Tours

www.hatobus.com/en - 81-3-3435-6081

Hato Bus Tours Tokyo Reviews

silan silan
Hato bus tours in Tokyo Feb 17, 2009
I took the Dynamic Tokyo full-day bus tour with Hato on my visit to Tokyo. I was only there for a few days and found this was a great introduction to such a big and confusing city for a first-time visitor. They offer hotel pick-up and drop-off, and although I wasn't staying at a hotel, I was able to make my way to the nearest one and still use their pick-up and drop-off service for convenience.

The tour ran from 9-5 (add time on either end if you are using the pick-up and drop-off service) and costs 12 000 yen. Though the price is steep, I find the convenience and friendliness of the staff and tour guide completely worth it.

For the first-time visitor, it's a great way to see the big sites in Tokyo without having to worry about where it is, how to get there, and how to do everything in one day. There are also quite a few single travellers who take the tour, so don't be afraid of being on your own surrounded by families and couples and not being able to talk to anyone.

I had only booked the tour the night before by phone and there was lots of room. Our group wasn't too big, about 15 people, and you have a big bus, so although the seating is assigned, as soon as everyone is on the bus, you can grab a window seat in a row further back if you want.

It's a great way to get oriented in, what I found to be, such a foreign city, and to get an idea of what I'd like to go back to or similar things I'd like to see.
bflogan says:
Was looking for a HOHO (hop on hop off) bus tour of Tokyo.

Posted on: Oct 02, 2010
ladyluck13and7 says:
Helpful review
Posted on: Aug 01, 2010
msjulicious says:
Thanks for this review! I'll keep this in mind during my visit.
Posted on: Jun 08, 2009
Andy99 Andy99
Sightseeing via Hato Bus Mar 21, 2005
When we asked the concierge at our hotel in Chiba about going over to Tokyo for the day, he recommend Hato Bus sightseeing as an option. Hato Bus is a motorcoach sightseeing service, similar to Gray Line in other major cities. Full day, half day (morning or afternoon), and evening tours are offered.

Due to the limited amount of time we had, I think it was a good choice. We took a Sobu Line train from Chiba to Hamamatsucho station. Several of us then booked an Afternoon tour and a Tokyo by Night tour. Both left from Hamamatsucho. The Afternoon tour included stops at Tokyo Tower, the Imperial Palace and Sensoji. The Night tour included a Japanese dinner, Odaiba, Ginza at night, and the Mori Tower in Roppongi.

Both tour guides were very knowledgeable and happy to answer questions. There was ample time at the stops to explore and take photos and the bus was not crowded. At the conclusion of the tours, the bus could drop customers in Ginza, at the popular Tokyo hotels, or return them to Hamamatsucho.

Hato Bus is a good way to gain an overview to Tokyo for further exploration or to see a number of sights if time is limited.
Glynnes says:
Thanks for the informative review.
Posted on: Aug 01, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Hato Bus Tours

Exploring Tokyo
Monday was Vernal Equinox Day (shunbun no hi), a national holiday in Japan. While the MYO musicians spent the day with their homestay families, the adult chaperones planned a day of sightseeing in To…Tokyo sightseeing tour via Hato Bus from the Hamamatsucho train/bus station. First stop was Tokyo Tower and a panoramic…
Tokyo Sonatas
My stay in Tokyo was brief but great. I was able to see a lot and wander a lot to soak up as much as I could in the short amount of time that I had. My first full day, I took a Hato full-day bus tour…Hato full-day bus tour of Tokyo. It was a great experience and I was able to meet a lot of interesting…

Check Tokyo Hotel Deals