Hatam Restaurant

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Hatam Restaurant - Falooda Shirazi (Iranian ice cream prepared with vermicil and rose water)
Hatam Restaurant - Complimentary starter
Hatam Restaurant - Mixed salad (hommos, moutabal, tabuleh and seasonal salad served with lemon juice and olive oil)
Hatam Restaurant - My messy table
Hatam Restaurant - Hatam Restaurant

Hatam Restaurant Dubai Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
You can find better Iranian food Nov 16, 2010
I was passing Bur Juman Centre on my way to the metro. Had read about Jimmy´s Killer Prawns and wanted to try it. To my great disappointment the restaurant was closed for renovation, so I had to look for another place to eat. Right next to it were two other restaurants, a Japanese which served pizza and Hatam which served Iranian cuisine.

I choose Hatam. The restaurant was located next to a pool/fountain and it looked nice. The restaurant served grilled food and kababs made of lamb, chicken (boneless, minced, yoghurt marinated), fish and seafood.

I was shown to a table by the pool, so I never saw what it looked like inside.. The guy who gave me the menu was pretty pushy and he was hanging over my shoulder while I was looking through the menu. Quite irritating! His English was poor and he had such a strong accent, I really struggled to understand him. When I finally decided on a salad he was obviously not happy with my choice, which he made sure that I noticed.

I was served a complimentary starter and then my mixed salad. A salad that consisted of hommos, moutabal, tabuleh and seasonal salad served with lemon juice and olive oil. It could have been a great salad, but it was rather dull in taste. It was actually so boring so I did not finish it. Instead I ordered a typical Iranian ice cream, a Falooda Shirazi, which is an ice cream prepared with vermicil and rose water. It took a long time and the plates were not cleared from the table, so I thought they had forgotten my order. After a while the ice cream was placed in front of me, but the food I had finished was still not being cleared. The texture of the ice cream was very hard, it reminded me more of ice than ice cream, and it was extremely cold. It was served plain and then rose water was poured over it, something which made it very sweet.

Would I eat at Hatams again? No!. There are several other restaurants at the Bur Juman Centre, so you are better off looking somewhere else.
Mixed salad (hommos, moutabal, tab…
Complimentary starter
Mixed salad (hommos, moutabal, tab…
Falooda Shirazi (Iranian ice cream…
sarahsan says:
I was talking about Dubai Bart, that´s where this review is from.
Biedjee says:
Not in Iran they don't! :-)
sarahsan says:
Yeah! It seems like Iranian and Lebanese restaurants serve the same food!

Check Dubai Hotel Deals