Hat Salad

North west side of Koh Phagnan, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Hat Salad Koh Phangan Reviews

sshaunaa sshaunaa
Beautiful, semi-quiet beach on Koh Phagnan Jan 29, 2010
We rented a motorbike and travelled around to various beaches around the island and found that we were very pleased with Hat Salad. It's a relatively small beach that you can walk end to end in less than 10 minutes. The beach is clean and lined with restaurants and resorts, but not to the point that it looks tacky. There was one man walking the length of the beach trying to sell us things, but I never felt like I was being harassed by vendors.

We went to several restaurants, most with either beach side location, or with the option of dining on the tables set up on the beach in the evening. We ate several times at Salad Hut and Cookies restaurant had a nice location set up on the rocks with a view of the entire beach.

The beach was never crowded and does not have lines of beach chairs like I've seen on other beaches. There are families with small children, who either use the various resort pools or in the ocean that at low tide is very shallow for about 50 metres.

We tried snorkelling but didn't really see much with the exception of a random fish or two.

The various resorts offer motorbike rental, fishing trips (my boyfriend went on one and didn't rate it highly for the 650 baht he paid) and offer other exersions.

The downside is that it is one of the more expensive locations on the island.

Overall the beach has a laid back vibe, it's clean, with plenty of restaurant options to keep you happy for a week.

Check Koh Phangan Hotel Deals