Harum Manis

(021) 57941727

Harum Manis Jakarta Reviews

hightide hightide
A pleasant dining experience Jul 16, 2016
This was my first time dining at Harum Manis. From the outside, it looks upscale and tidy. There are several seating options: A. on beanbags with low tables B. on sofas and C. standard wooden chairs

As there were no tables big enough to accommodate our party of 9, the employees mated 2 wooden tables side by side with a mixture of sofa and wooden chair seating.

Despite being a traditional Indonesian restaurant, their menu is in 3 languages - Indonesian, English and Japanese. Being a little confused what to order for my first drink, the waiter suggested 1. "Es Teh Sari Kelapa" (coconut jelly tea) which turned out to be very good that I almost finished it before starting to eat. I didn't personally order any of the food (several of my friends did for all of us), but I tried most of it. Foods I tasted:

2. Javanese noodle containing meatballs and veggies + crackers on the side: Good

3. Otak Otak- made from fish, boiled and grilled in banana leaf: very good

4. Batagor- made from eggs and tofu: good

5. Appetizer platter: mostly good

6. Chicken satay: The chicken satay was served a little undercooked so we requested to cook them a little more. In the end, the chicken satay tasted delicious.

7. Fried Gurame (type of fish) with peanut sauce on the side: Typically, they are served with hot chili sauce. Although delicious, I would have enjoyed it more with hot chili sauce.

8. Oxtail soup: Spot on - the beef was very tender and soup seasoning exactly how I like it. This is my favourite dish at this restaurant.

My 2nd drink was 9. Es Teh Kweni - an iced tea served with diced Kweni mangoes and kolang-kaling (like a harder form of jelly): Good but my first drink tasted better.

Restroom:

Well-lit with running AC, so it felt very comfortable and well-ventilated. There were 2 WC units in the women's restroom. Each WC unit has hangers and a wooden board behind to put your belongings.

Overall: Service was prompt and polite.
Entrance to Harum Manis
Dining areas with beanbags and sof…
The menu- in Indonesian, English a…
1. Es Teh Sari Kelapa
hightide says:
Thank you Hali! :)
halilee says:
Congrats on your features review!!
hightide says: