Hartsfield International Airport (ATL)

Atlanta, Georgia

Hartsfield International Airport (ATL) Atlanta Reviews

nik2blessed nik2bles…
Atlanta Airport with a smile May 06, 2011
Totally what you have experienced, I am sure of it! When I arrived it was brief for an 2.5 hour layover to an connecting flight. The people there were like anybody, just busy about life looking around and that's what I was probably looking like to them. There was so many fast food restaurants to choose from, souvenir stores, book stores, and terminals. They provided WI-FI which was not free but accessible thru out the airport.

I had to travel through the mini train in the under ground part of the airport. It took you between the concourses, which were about 5-7 of them. There was plenty of seating for all standing by for their flights and it was extremely comfortable.

After traveling through the airport, searching for Starbucks. I came across the most best part of the entire place. The memorabilia of Dr. Martin Luther King from his ground breaking history. Which took me a little back, to the day he stood and declared his faith of no violence and above all bringing peace. I was so honored to be able to share these with TB. If I recall correctly, I was passing from Concourse D to E. Hope this encourages you like it has for me.
very suit he wore
ZaiTuray says:
Great review Nikki. You'll love the MLK museum here, his childhood home among other things. Hope to see you then :)
Posted on: May 08, 2011
ahtibat17 ahtibat17
World's Busiest Airport Jul 15, 2010
I have had connections in Atlanta's Hartsfield International airport five times (2000, 2005 and 2010)now. My previous experiences have left me confused and intimidated, but I think that was because I was with groups and we had to herd everyone through. Recently, I traveled through ATL by myself, and found the airport to be well layed-out and easy to navigate. Directions to each terminal are clearly marked, whether you take the tram or walk. There is no doubt that this is a busy, busy place, bustling with international travelers.

Having a five-hour layover, I had time to kill and found that Terminal T didn't have the best food options. There are a few restaurants and take-away places, but there isn't a variety. I found more choices and selections when I was in the B Terminal. There is a food court there with several different restaurants.

I traveled internationally, and the immigration process was simple. After having my passport stamped (yes, I asked for the ATL stamp), I collected my luggage, went through customs, and rechecked my bag. It was a hassle-free process. ATL does require passengers with connecting flights to go through security again, so beware the liquids you may have purchased in the previous airport. Also, if Atlanta is your ending destination, your bags have to be re-checked as well to pick up at another baggage claim.
Africancrab Africanc…
Avoid ATL at all costs Mar 01, 2009
Hartsfield Atlanta Airport (ATL - LGW). I traveled through Atlanta’s Hartsfield airport for the first time in 2000 on my way home. I arrived a head of time since I was traveling accompanied and over 7 months pregnant. This is a huge airport and one has to travel from one concourse to another depending on the departure gate. To successfully travel through this airport you need patience and I mean plenty of it.

The second time around was in 2001 when I returned to the USA with my 7 month old daughter (AMS- ATL). My friend Robert came to meet us and give us company during the 4 hour lay over. I can still remember how red faced Robert was, he said he did not have the patience to deal with the traffic control guys because they are the rudest people. That aside we arrived and had to pick up our bags from concourse E and go through US immigrations/ customs check point. I wrote about Chicago’s O’Hare being a busy airport, but nothing compared to Hartsfield. Busy becomes Atlanta’s Hartsfield I have never seen a busy place like this: I would seriously be cautious if I were arriving in Atlanta again and I do sincerely caution anyone arriving at Hartsfield airport’s concourse E and has to go through customs. Now remember this was way before 9/11 and the customs people were unbelievably rude. There are three things you need to survive this airport: Patience, Patience and more Patience. O’ the inter concourse trains are not that convenient either, people behave badly on them.

I have done international travel so much that the procedures are apparent. The usual is to go through Immigration, pick up your luggage at whichever carousel your flight bags have been put on, then go through Customs. At many airports one would then simply go to a transit desk if one is taking a connecting flight or leave the airport if this is their final destination. But no tin Atlanta we had to go through a very annoying process of having our big bags stored since we had a connecting flight to Mississippi in a few hours and then check in our hand luggage again through the intra-airport train, and then go through security before boarding the train, then ride the train to the main terminal and wait for one's bags at the baggage carousels, then leave the airport. It took us an hour just to go through customs and get our bags and another 35 minutes to get out of the airport. Thank goodness for Robert I would have lost it having a child on my hands and three huge suitcases. That was the last time I traveled through Atlanta and I avoid using Hartsfield at all costs.I would advise if you have an option, use it.

Check Atlanta Hotel Deals