Harrod's Food Halls

020 7730 1234

Harrod's Food Halls London Reviews

yur yur
Luxury is spelled with an "H". Jul 02, 2011
No not Hermes, but Harrods!!!

If you want to feel a little luxurious during a trip to London. Stop by Harrod's Food Hall (ground floor). Although my last trip isn't really luxurious or anything, I wanted to see this place...what it was like. You know?

If you are a gourmet lover/eater, then you will appreciate the goodness and opulence of this place. I tend to go towards the cheaper end when I travel I must say, however I like to cook and I needed to see what's cooking here.

Harrods is a one stop shop. Clothes, shoes, accessories or even gift shop. So it's no wonder why the food hall wouldn't have it's own grocery shop.

The food hall itself is large enough to celebrate a debut or something. It's so huge I didn't even get to see all of it. There are few things that I liked aesthetically speaking: the chic chandeliers hanging are out of this world, they're vintage looking and take note have fruit decor.

The time I visited, I have been obsessed with grilled cheese sandwich with truffle oil (yummy and it's my specialty). I thought, what souvenir can I get in this place? I searched and searched to the point that I gave up and sat down while waiting for my friends and family look around. So I thought again, until I reached for the Maison De La Truffe. So if you are like me who craves a midnight sandwich, purchase Maison, you will not regret it, and you will make your stomach happy.

Overall, with the cost aside. This is a place to take good pictures, a place so major, you'll not forget for years to come. Even if you don't buy any designer shoe, or a couture dress or a mind blowing fragrance at the department store, buy at least a biscuit as a souvenir at the food hall. It's food. Your body needs it.
One of the chandeliers, I just had…
idrisabidi says:
you have to try the macarons they are from paris. They are expensive but worth every penny
Posted on: Jul 19, 2011
yur says:
lol I bought the truffle oil and some harrods biscuits. But have you tried a grilled cheese sandwich with truffle oil? :) I always make one, it's heavenly yummmy!
Posted on: Jul 16, 2011
mosted says:
ohh and tea!!!
Posted on: Jul 16, 2011
Amanda Amanda
Oct 01, 2002
A trip to London is not complete without a stop in to Harrod's Food Halls. Until you've seen it for yourself, you can't comprehend the size and variety of this! They don't allow you to take pictures in here, so I don't have any to offer, but here are some pics from Google imagesthat I found; I just followed the rules. :-)

It's also a lot of fun to come here and choose some things for a picnic lunch, to either eat at Hyde Park (not far from Harrods), or before you get on a bus tour of the city (you can eat on the bus while you check out the sites of the city, or to take back to your hotel as a take home meal.

Also, ESPECIALLY if you are coming from the USA, make sure to try out the MANGOSTEENS. These are the best fruits ever, they come from southeast asia, and they aren't available in the US, due to some import issues; but you can usually get them in Harrods. Don't go without trying this amazing fruit!!!
Vikram says:
I'll see if I have any pics I took there that I can share with you. But you're right, it's an amazing place albeit pricy.
Posted on: May 23, 2008
stevenguyen says:
I've been there, and it's really a great experience for shoppers out there!
Posted on: Sep 02, 2006

Related Travel Blogs About Harrod's Food Halls

First full day in Bangkok
When I woke up on my first morning in Bangkok, I was in for a real shock.  It had been so dark when we had arrived, you couldn't really see much.  I went to the balcony, opened the curtains…London, go to Harrods Food Halls, they often sell them there - it's worth a try, it will change your…

Check London Hotel Deals