Harris Hotel Malang

Check Malang Hotel Deals

Harris Hotel Malang Reviews

ariwardani ariwarda…
A comfortable stay for family with young children in Malang Jun 21, 2013
This was the second time I stay in Harris Hotel chain. The first one I took was Harris Hotel in Bandung.

The Malang hotel, like the Bandung hotel has an adequate room, not too small like other budget hotels such as Ibis, Amaris or Tune Hotel, and the cleanliness is superb. Price is very affordable and it is targeted to a family with young children just like mine. The room design is simple, minimalist with touch of orange as the main color of its logo.

I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights via Agoda at costs of IDR 1,876,713 which means I paid IDR 469,178 per room per night. Quite a good price.

The only problem with this Harris in Malang is the fact that it is situated way out of the city. It will cost you around IDR 60,000 one way with a cab just to go downtown. So, on the first night of stay, we ordered Pizza Hut delivery and on the second night we ordered Hoka-Hoka Bento. It was the easiest way to get food at night. Not wasting your time and money for riding a cab to downtown. Also to be remembered that the street in front of this hotel has a constant traffic jam all day long. So, you have to allocate more hours before getting to the airport to avoid missing your flight.

The other problem was the internet. It could not be accessed at all. Harris Hotel in Bandung has a superb internet speed but the one here in Malang was awful. Lucky that I brought my own internet wifi router so I had no problem finding the nearest Pizza Hut to make a request for delivery order from there.

My children had a great time swimming at the hotel's pool and they also provide table tennis equipment next to the swimming pool. I didn't take my breakfast here so I don't have any comment about it.

Overall, It was a great stay but I'm pretty sure I will not stay there any more if I go to Malang because of the location is pretty far from the city center.
Bed
Bathroom
We took 2 rooms, one for the child…
The lobby.
ilserita says:
Congrats on your feature, Ari! :)
Posted on: Aug 24, 2013
missandrea81 says:
Congrats on today's featured review. :)
Posted on: Aug 24, 2013