Harrah's Las Vegas Casino & Hotel

Harrah's Las Vegas Casino & Hotel Rates and Deals

Harrah's Las Vegas Casino & Hotel Reviews

ola3rd ola3rd
Not bad for a place on the strip! Apr 14, 2012
Stayed here for only one night as we would be relocating once our other friends arrived in Vegas. The price was pretty decent for a weeknight stay on the strip; $45 from hotels.com. But at check-in, the lady convinced me to upgrade to a deluxe room for $15 extra/ night

- Good location on the strip

- Good price for value

- No resort fee/ or deposit taken

- At check-in they gave us free tickets to a comedy show but then when we tried to redeem them they said there was a minimum drink purchase required. BEWARE these tickets are not entirely free lol

- Bathroom could be upgraded a bit

- Entire room was a bit on the smallish side, for multiple people

- No fridge

Harrah's isn't a bad place but it is pretty mediocre in comparison to other Strip hotels. I would recommend other Vegas hotels within the same price range but with much better value
average shower
tv in bathroom
breezejen breezejen
A little New Orleans in Vegas Sep 25, 2011
Harrah’s Las Vegas is an older casino/hotel on the strip. It has a New Orleans/Cajun theme to it but nothing too overbearing. The room we got was decent and because one of our friends is a high roller, we were able to get a weekend room for $75 a night. Not too bad considering we were right on the strip.

Our room was great! We had a great view of the strip and we could see the Mirage erupting volcano show from our room. On the 17th floor, we could see almost all of the strip and the surrounding areas of Las Vegas. The view itself was worth the cost of the room. The room itself was clean, had a huge king sized bed in it and an average sized TV. We couldn’t get our mini fridge to open so we had to get ice from the ice machine to keep our drinks cold. But overall, the room was perfect as we didn’t spend too much time hanging out in it.

We did spend a while at the pool. It was July in Vegas, so the temperatures were pretty hot. Unfortunately, the pool here isn’t too much to talk about. It’s pretty small and it was jam packed with people playing volleyball, so not only could you not just sit in the pool and relax, but it was also quite noisy. There was a beer pong tournament going on so a lot of the pool partygoers got pretty drunk. But it was all good, we found a little area in the back and when a thunderstorm came, security instructed everyone to get out of the pool.

As far as casinos go, it is an older one and they have not improved their air circulation system so there’s always a stale, smoky smell that a bit overwhelming. Needless to say, we didn’t spend too much time in this casino. Right next door is the Venetian which is new, cleaner and didn’t make you smell too much of smoke.

Harrah’s has the standard bars and restaurants. I’m not too big on country music but since it was my best friend’s birthday and she happens to love country music, we found ourselves in the Toby Keith bar. We actually had a blast, there was a live band playing and we got a table not too far from the stage and the dance floor. We ordered food which was pretty inexpensive, ordered way too many drinks and enjoyed the entertainment. We spent quite a while here and drank, danced and had a great time.

So overall, as far as casinos/hotels go, this one is pretty decent. For the price it was good enough, but there are far nicer hotels with better casinos and pools.
Harrah's Las Vegas
Pool at Harrah's
View of Las Vegas from our room
View from our room
LadyAnabelise LadyAnab…
Harrah's Hotel Las Vegas Mar 26, 2011
We stayed at Harrah's, Las Vegas during our road trip from Stockton, California to Grand Canyon. I love Harrah's for its best location. It is so convenient to walk around and see the city. Big casino, close to the Venetian and the Ceasar. The room is fine. Nothing special. The bed is ok, not bad but not wow. The breakfast was actually good. The Chinese restaurant was ok, not so impressive. I didn't try the pool cus it was too cold and the pool was close. Spent two nights and would difinitely like to go back there if I go to Vegas again.
The Chinese Restaurant in the hotel
portia portia
Practical and inexpensive hotel Jan 25, 2010
Harrah's is not a fancy hotel, but it is more than adequate for the purpose of attending a workshop. It's on the strip, and conveniently located next to the Venetian, and across from the Forum Shops. You can't complain about the price, it's cheap. The rooms are not luxurious, but it is very clean and has been updated, for example the shower grouts are clean and new. The room also has a laptop sized safe. What I can't figure out is how to get regular TV, maybe that doesn't exist anymore, you get "internet TV", and the regular movies etc. Internet access does cost about $12 a day extra. They have at least 2 Starbucks right inside the hotel, one located right next to the guest elevators. I have stayed here a couple of years before too. I would recommend Harrah's to people who don't require a super luxurious room and happy to save the money for something else.

There are a few restaurants in the hotel, we ate at the Range steakhouse one night (expensive $35 entrees, although it was tasty) and at the Toby Keith's bar & grill for lunch another day. Toby Keith's has a very reasonable price and the food was good too. $12 or so gets you a huge salad!
Tourist statues inside the Harrah's
my deluxe room is pretty nice for …
bathroom at the hotel
another view of the bathroom
Pincher Pincher
Great location but could do better for the $$ Jan 01, 2010
Stayed there in the middle of August, so the outside temprature was about 110F. the room was OK, nothing special. the pool was very small and the water was very hot, plus the pool was filled with kids that were peeing in the water which made the water even hotter.

if you book a room there and you would like to get some sleep at night, ask for a room that is facing away from the Carnival Court (between Harrah's and Imperial Palace), where live music is being played till the wee hours of the night. (the Carnival Court itself is really cool)

Casino is nice, dealers are friendly and table limits in the middle of the day are 5$.

Overall, nothing special about this place, besides the good location and really nice dealers in the casino.
canleb25 canleb25
Harrahs Casino & Hotel Las Vegas Feb 26, 2009
Harrahs Casino & Hotel Las Vegas was Nice. The rooms were updated and very clean. Their staff was very nice and accomidating just don't ask for directions anywhere. The location was great, right across from the Forums and walking to other hotels was easily accessable. The parking is a little complicated to find but there is plenty once you get there. Overall I would definitely go back.
This is the Backside of the Harrahs
Harrahs sign on the main strip
mrgishi mrgishi
Best Feature = Location, heart of the strip Jul 20, 2008
Just as with previous Las Vegas visits, I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a huge room at Harrah's. It's pretty much luck of the draw just like gambling in the casinos, but when it happens, it's very nice. The room had a flat screen hi-def TV, but who really stays in their room watching TV in Vegas? I find that for the most part, these strip hotels are pretty much the same, but Harrah's is in a nice location and not the most expensive place to stay. It is right next to the Venetian and the Convention Center. It's also an easy walk or monorail ride to many of the other famous casinos on the strip. I don't think I ate a single meal at Harrah's, so I don't know what they have to offer, but again it's an easy walk to many great choices.
View of the Mirage from my room in…
my room in Harrah's

• Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Beauty Salon
  • Health Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower
  • Shoe Shine
  • Free Parking
  • Bedding/Pillow Choices

Related Travel Blogs About Harrah's Las Vegas Casino & Hotel

Piano Man...Again?!?! (Dueling Pianos - Harrahs Hotel & Casino)
I really enjoyed watching Kim's friend Matt perform his piano show at Planet Hollywood on Friday and she mentioned there were a couple actual dueling piano shows in Vegas, one of which Matt performs … I really enjoyed watching Kim's friend Matt perform his piano show at Planet Hollywood on Friday and she mentioned…

Check Harrah's Las Vegas Casino & Hotel Rates and Deals