Harnasiowa Chata

Harnasiowa Chata - Entrance

Harnasiowa Chata Zakopane Reviews

vixen2306 vixen2306
Tasty local food Apr 20, 2013
I knew it could be a little of a problem to find an open restaurant at nearly 9pm on Saturday evening even in Zakopane since it was still out of season.

We didn't have to look far though as we found this restaurant just a very short walk away from our accommodation in the pedestrian Krupówki Street. It was still open and serving food and drink, as they said, till the last customer.

The restaurant was nearly empty, but after looking at the menu, I knew we were in for good traditional food.

As soon as we walked in, we were welcomed by a waitress wearing traditional regional dress. She took us to the table we chose to sit at and presented us with drink and food menu.

We were all thirsty and hungry so we made our first quick drink order before reading thought the menu. I ordered regional mulled wine, which I absolutely love to drink every time I come to visit Tarta Mountains.

After some deliberation on food order and explanation of dishes, we were finally ready with our choices.

I chose a dinner set consisting of beef cutlet, boiled potatoes and selection of fresh salads.

The food arrived promptly and we all were very content with our choices. There was no more time for talking :) Food smelled too good to resist.

And it was a delicious meal.

Once the food was finished, we sat in the restaurant for a long while just enjoying a good chat. Although it was pretty late and we were the only guests, the restaurant stayed opened for us till we were ready to leave.

We paid about £12-15 each for the meal with drinks, which is quite cheap.

I enjoyed my visit to the restaurant and would recommend this place for an evening meal.
Entrance