Harley-Davidson Museum

www.h-dmuseum.com - 1-877-436-8738

Harley-Davidson Museum Milwaukee Reviews

WalterC WalterC
Worth checking out, once you find it! Aug 21, 2012
Synonymous with the motorcycle and the people who ride them, the Harley-Davidson Museum takes a closer look at both of them.

Located near downtown, it’s not easy to get to. The signs pointing the way, are no help, as it just made me go around in circles. The museum is located next to a river, and some weird looking bridge. Hopefully, you will have better luck with it than I did. This was the only issue I had with the place.

Other than that, the museum is definitely worth checking out, as Milwaukee is the headquarters of the Harley-Davidson. There are a few floors of exhibition, starting with the oldest models of the motorcycle, dating back to the 1910’s. It also gets into the history of the vehicle and how it shaped our culture over the years. Plus you learn about the individual parts that make up a motorcycle.

The museum also gets into the history of the company, and the changes that it had to make, to keep up with the times. And the impact it would have on pop culture, like in movies or TV.

There may be more to it, but I did not have enough time to see everything. Still, it was very interesting and learning more about something that I knew almost nothing about.

The museum is definitely worth it, once you find the place. ;)
museum entrance
oldest model
colorful tanks
funny sign
liander liander
You can't lose Jan 30, 2011
The Harley Davidson history and hundred of motorcycle to know. Details and motors! Unforgetable!
nik2blessed nik2bles…
One in a million! May 28, 2010
Thought this museum really was different for me. Parking was free, and outside fun too that day. They had rock & blues playing, while on-lookers enjoyed their live jams. The pricing to get in was average to me, not too expensive to see what Harley Davidson was about. He sure as heck has to start somewhere like us all, amazing to see what he left. Collections, bikes, apparel, and photos..plus you could get the headset that gives you the extra tour of his story as you walk through it all. I spent 45 minutes walking through but a true fan might take hours.
What some say is what started it a…
different types
police uniform & bike
ellieisamazing ellieisa…
Must see for Harley fans Apr 16, 2009
Having ridden on Harleys for 30 years, I felt it my obligation to take a trip to the Harley Museum in Milwaukee. I was intrigued to hear the whole building was made of recycled materials. I enjoyed seeing all the bikes from the very first bike to ones in current production. Thought the room for "clubs" would be fun, but it turned out to be "racing clubs" that I really never heard of. Come on! Where were the Hell's Angels represented! They played a huge role in the Harley legacy ... I thought that whole aspect was under represented. Anyway, I enjoyed the museum, bought stuff in the gift shop, didn't go in the restaurant at all.
homeres homeres
Harley-Davidson Museum officially opens to the World Aug 11, 2008
I wish I could do this review by saying I am a avid motorcyclist! I'm not but I did learn a great deal about why Harley-Davidson is so popular. It's not just a 'bike', it's a lifestyle! It's not jus a means of transportation, its the gateway to freedom..in essence to the open road.

The H-D Museum officially opened in Milwaukee this summer 2008! So far the museum has welcome H-D enthusiatists from all over during its first opened month. During my visit there was a Bike club from Perth, AU! They had cool leather vest with their bike club on the back.

It wasn't hard to find, there are signs along the streets near the museum that guide you to where you need to be. As long as you cross over the White Calatrava bridges, it will be right off to your side!

Admission is $16 for Adults, $12 for students w/ Student ID, and a lower rate for Senior citizens. They are offering museum members with packages, you will have to refer to the website for that info.

I think the place is wonderful, there is one bike saved from every production since 1903. The beginning bikes basically old school bicycles with a engine. With 3 levels, as of August 2008 there are still over 300 bikes that have yet to be put on display due to restoration.

Visting the museum and watching the evolution of the models as your eyes wander from 1900s thro later dates was an eye-opener and I feel i have a better understanding of the bike culture.

Will i buy a Harley now? When the time comes to learn how to ride, i will have to, I was born in the city, that the company came from! Bikes, beer, baseball...ladies & gentlemen I'm a proud Milwaukeean!
Main Entrance
Statue outside near the restaurant.
Taken from the Second Level
The very first oldest Harley-David…

Related Travel Blogs About Harley-Davidson Museum

The final writings of the Bus.
Sorry it's taken me to so long to finish writing these, god, I suck. Well, when I last stopped writing we were at the sock/toilet problem.So, instead of using either makeshift toiletries, I just deci…Milwaukee Public Museum, and the Harley Davidson Museum. I love Milwaukee. It is so beautiful! The architecture is amazing. I bought…
Harleys and Beer
So, what to do with an unexpected day off and full flights everywhere?  This was the dilemma I faced this past Friday, so I played tourist once again in Milwaukee.  This day, I decided to e…Milwaukee.  So with that I decided to spend my late morning/early afternoon at the Harley Davidson Museum and my evening…

Check Milwaukee Hotel Deals