Hard Rock Hotel San Diego

Hard Rock Hotel San Diego Rates and Deals

Hard Rock Hotel San Diego Reviews

Brookside814 Brooksid…
A rockin' time at the Hard Rock Apr 24, 2011
Stayed here during my first visit to San Diego. The hotel is situated in the Gaslamp district, which is where the good nightlife is in the city. Additionally, the hotel has a rooftop bar (Float) and a nice bar/lounge area (207) that attracts not only hotel guests but SD locals for a good time. The room was nice and the bed was comfortable, I didn't have a hard time sleeping. The hotel staff were very friendly and, obviously, knowledgeable about the city and local nightlife. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a first-timer to San Diego.
chiawombat chiawomb…
Almost TOO Cool... Jan 16, 2010
The first thing you notice when you walk into the Hard Rock is that it's nonstop, relentlessly cool. It occurs to you that at no point will you will go down to the lobby without doing hair and makeup at any point in the day. There's no reception desk, just three reception kiosks (that do seem to be gaining traction at newer hotels). There's several restaurants on the first floor, including Nobu -- which I understand is a transcendent sushi experience, that I could not afford on my relatively modest per diem food allowance. In addition, they have several bars -- one of which we were told frequently has a pretty long wait to get into that guests can bypass (YAY)

I stayed in a suite which consisted of a living room, a walk-through bathroom (shower closed off on the left, toilet closed off on the right, sink out in the middle), and then a king-sized bed in the back. The room is decorated in a very modern way, lots of black, white and leather. I'd note at this point that if you prefer a bath whilst traveling, you'll want to keep looking as the Hard Rock (at least at the suite level) only offers showers.

They have an extensive (and expensive) mini-bar. A fifth of vodka was sitting on my counter in the living room and had a hefty price tag attached to it. And they expect that you will take advantage of these amenities: when you check into the hotel, they place a 350 dollar hold on your account per night. Make sure you have room if you plan on staying here.

The beds are ridiculously comfortable. The shower was really nice, and they have Aveda products which always make me happy. You also get the use of some seriously comfortable robes.

The one downside I really experienced was noise. I was here for work, and we checked in on a Wednesday and stayed through to Sunday morning. The first couple days were fine, but this place gets really loud with the party crowd on Friday and Saturday. Normally, it wouldn't bother me at all, but 6 AM wake-up calls aren't pleasant when it's hard to get (or stay) asleep.

If you're here for a party, it's probably the best place in town. If you're here for work, it's great during the week... or if you can sleep through noise.
ngitlab ngitlab
Hard Rockin' at the Hard Rock Hotel Sandieto Aug 10, 2008
So we just finished two days of ASR (action sports retaliers tradeshow--www.asrbiz.com) in San Diego. We've been staying at the new San Diego Hard Rock Hotel.

We drove to San Diego from Vegas (5 hour drive). The drive was good until we got to around the Ontario area. It started storming and raining and the drive continuing on to San Diego was kinda scary. We got to the hotel safely checked in. The wind was blowing so hard in front of the hotel, people's umbrellas were flipping inside out.

The Hard Rock Hotel is definitely not your grandparent's hotel. There is NOTHING traditional about it. Everyone is dressed in black. The decor is very Mod/Minimalistic. The front desk consists of pods setup with laptops. We had requested a double and the room we got was a King. The bellboy (Edwin) was very friendly and went out of his way to call the front desk to get us the room we requested. We chatted and talked about his travels. He even knew where Palau was! Long story short, the rooms we wanted were sold out, and he managed to get us upgraded into a Hard Rock Suite. (ROCK ON EDWIN!) The room is nice--you can check it out at: http://www.hardrockhotelsd.com/accommodations/hard-rock-suites

It's got a living room area with a 42" flatscreen TV/bar/desk area. The middle of the room is the bathroom--separate toilet on one side, sink open to the rest of the room and separate shower. across from the toilet. The beds (two queens) are beyond that. In the bed area, there is another 42" flat screen and a balcony (way to cold to enjoy). I love the whole modern/asian/minimalist look. It isn't very child friendly with all the sharp edges, but so far, the only ones that have been hurt are M and I (from the edges of the platform bed and coffee table, with kids laughing in the background while we were rolling on the floor, screaming in pain).

There are tons of amenities. The hooded bathrobes here are the softest I've ever encountered at any hotel. The bath products (aveda) are great. The highlight of the room is the shower. It has a regular shower head plus an overhead rainshower. The fixtures are Hansgrohe (very nice $ very expensive european fixtures)--i know, i have a shower fetish. I am continually in search for the best most luxurious bathroom designs on my travels.

Another great feature is being able to call Valet Parking from your room to have them bring your car down so you don't have to wait for too long downstairs. And I love the way they answer the phone at "Ground Control" (the front desk). They answer, "Hi, this is so and so at Ground Control. How may I rock your world?" Cracks me up every single time.

We had breakfast downstairs at the Mary Jane Cafe. The food was so good-your basic greasy diner food, but not so greasy, a bit more upscale--It just took a while to get to it cause it was packed.

We've been so busy with the show, we really haven't had time to enjoy the room, but now that we're done, we're gonna hang out and sleep in before checking out tomorrow. Yawn...So if you excuse me, I'm gonna crash in my suite now...

I know, this rockstar life is getting to my head!

Hard Rock Hotel San Diego Overview

With a prime position within the Gaslamp Quarter, the Hard Rock in San Diego is a good accommodation in San Diego for all kinds of travelers. Guests are close to the San Diego Convention Center, Petco Park, the Seaport Village, the Old Globe, the USS Midway Museum, and the Little Italy neighborhood as well. The Hard Rock San Diego is located at 207 5th Avenue, which is 2.6 miles from the San Diego International Airport.

Each of the bedrooms in the Hard Rock Hotel and San Diego is outfitted with in room movies, a full-sized bathroom with tub, climate controls, satellite TV, a hair dryer, a minibar, a personal safe, high-speed Internet access, and room service.

The hotel provides visitors with services and facilities including, a lounge with bar service, a concierge desk, a modern fitness room, a spa with massage and beauty treatments, a news stand, an in-house restaurant, banqueting facilities, laundry and dry cleaning services, a swimming pool, 24-hour front desk service, child care options, a business service center, meeting and conference rooms, and free daily breakfast service.

Hard Rock Hotel Amenities

• Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Massage
  • Health Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower