Harbour Bay Amir

Jl. Duyung - Sei Jodoh | Batu Ampar, Batam, Indonesia

Harbour Bay Amir Rates and Deals

Harbour Bay Amir Batam Reviews

incarnadine incarnad…
3-star hotel with poor service that I'll never step into ever again Sep 07, 2011
Went on a 2D1N stay in Batam with my boyfriend. This trip was on sale by Groupon, so for 60 dollars (Singapore dollars) per pax, it included a hotel stay at Harbourbay Amir, free hotel breakfast, seafood lunch and a guided tour.

To put it bluntly, the hotel was crap. We checked in, being quite impressed with the grand lobby of the hotel. Our room was generally decent, but the window view of slums and construction sites was hardly the best scenery to see. At night, you can see Singapore's skyline in the distance, which was quite nice. The bed was decently comfortable, and at least there was a TV. Being students who had traveled in plenty of budget hostels/camped on the floor, we didn't nitpick much. There were no amenities, no swimming pool etc. The other 2 ladies that had checked into the same hotel as us were less pleased. I suppose we were lucky to have gotten a clean room, the other two ladies mentioned that their bedsheets smelt funny and they had cockroaches in their room.

However, the service was horrendous. Room service never arrived, and when I wanted a hairdryer, it took hours for them to bring it up, by which my hair had long dried. Breakfast was supposed to start from 6am, but when my boyfriend and I arrived at the breakfast area at 8am, the staff cooking the omelettes wasn't there yet, and all the other food was not heated up at all. 2 hours late! Horrendous. Stone cold porridge was hardly the best way to start the day. The milk tasted really funny. At least the coffee was good, and the Indonesian food, albeit cold, was decently tasty. The chef in question arrived at 9am, 3 hours late.

This hotel is located next to a huge shopping mall called HarbourBay Mall-- there's hardly anything in it, many shops are closed. There is however, a huge Carrefour, which was nice as we could stock up on snacks, mineral water and the like. If you walk north of the hotel, there are food centres and restaurants serving seafood near the beachfront. The place is quite "shady" (aka quite dangerous) at night so try not to stay out too late. We stayed out till about 9pm for dinner, and encountered a few rough looking groups of men on the streets, which was slightly frightening.

I would not recommend this hotel at all. There are numerous hotels in Batam that are around the same price and have much better service and amenities, so avoid this one and hopefully you'll get a better experience than we did!
Harbourbay Amir at night