Harbor Freight

4610 North Street, Nacogdoches, TX, USA

Harbor Freight Nacogdoches Reviews

walterman9999 walterma…
Harbor Freight has inexpensive stuff, Nacogdoches, Texas USA Dec 17, 2016
Harbor Freight just opened a new store in Nacogdoches, so no more driving to Lufkin. Most of their inexpensive stuff is OK. Their electric tools and other stuff over $ 100 USD tends to be of poor quality. Harbor Freight has a large selection of stuff. I buy stuff for home and and for my camping travels. First I have many head mounted flashlights for home and camper so they are easy to find in the dark. I found there (and no place else-ware) special brackets for the back of Old Blue to mount emergency supplies that are now easy to find in the dark.

The "city slickers" of nearby towns less than population 30,000, don't need generators. Living in the County, not on GPS, a good gasoline (petro) powered electric generator is a necessary thing to have. We are the first to lose power and the last to get power restored. Power failure is related to storms (many without rain), but we can lose power for 24 hours for no appartent reason.

I did my homework before buying. We have two choices in generators, Chinese and USA with a Briggs & Stratton motor. The Chinese cost about $ 100 USD less...hmmmm. I stopped at the major Nacogdoches shops that repair small motors, and they all told me the same thing. Since they can't get replacement Chinese parts, they will not attempt to service the Chinese motors. (No offense to any Asian TBs.) So I went elsewhere and bought my generator with the Briggs & Stratton motor over five years ago. So far I had no repairs, and the motor usually starts with one easy pull. Generators are bad about building up a static electric charge. I drove into the ground a big piece of rebar with an attached wire with a "clip on" connector with the generator frame.

Free advise for any small motor that you want to keep for a long time without expensive carburetor repairs. When you expect not to use your small motor for months at a time, always drain or burnout all gasoline from the carburetor. Second, small motors do not like gasoline with ethanol. Even small Nacogdoches has one gasoline station with fuel without ethanol. I have about five approved fuel containers marked with a sharpie. One has the marking: gasoline & no ethanol.

Here where I live, if you leave your generator outside for a day it will "grow legs" and walk away. It takes a major effort from two people to move generator from the locked shed to the "use" position by my back door. I constructed a little locked generator shed in my use position.

Being a Texican, I tend to sweet-talk the nice lady at the checkout. With my purchase of a magnesium fire starter, she gave me a nice free hanging bright flashlight.
Harbor Freight front
tools
sanders
electric generators
walterman9999 says:
Yes Bill. Store open for only 2 days then.
Posted on: Dec 20, 2016
Zagnut66 says:
The store looks clean well stocked.
Posted on: Dec 19, 2016