Happy Island Travel Tour Company

The main strip, Don Det, Laos

Happy Island Travel Tour Company Don Det Reviews

Tannith Tannith
Happy Island Travel Tour Company, Don Det Mar 23, 2008
Do not trust what this company tells you! If they are cheaper than other tour operators on Don Det then there is a reason. I wanted to cross the border to Cambodia and travel to Ban Lung and they were charging $20 less than other operators (one down by the Mekong and another place that exchanges money). Since I wanted to save money I asked the other operators why I should pay the extra $20 to use them and they told me Happy Travel enforced a night in Stung Treng, but since I assumed they were just trying to get my business and I was reluctant to pay an extra $20 I asked Happy Travel if this were true and they promised faithfully that it wasn’t, so I booked. Guess what? I wasn’t, and when we reached Stung Treng they broke the news that we’d be stopping overnight. Furthermore no taxi driver would take us to the bus station for us to make our own way because it was Easter Sunday. Since I was on a tight schedule and needed to get to Ban Lung asap, I threw a massive wobbly and eventually they agreed to drive me to a roadside stop where the bus to Ban Lung stopped and they secured me a place on the bus. But I wouldn’t recommend this as a reliable solution, just pay the extra $20 with another tour operator and be sure of getting to Ban Lung next day!
Don Det Map