Happy Birthday Pittsburgh

Downtown , Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Happy Birthday Pittsburgh Reviews

pinchora pinchora
Pittsburgh's 250th anniversary celebration Oct 04, 2008
Pittsburgh is Celebrating it's 250th anniversary this year in Style... through out the month of October, November and december you can go downtown for a pletherful of events... be sure to look at the calendar (http://www.imaginepittsburgh.com/Calendar.asp)to see what's going on!

I got to see the firework display... this is a million dollar event (and we wonder why our country is in turmoil) and there were 17 launch points, including roof tops and barges on the river. The view was amazing... it was panoramic from where I was standing; at McFaddens near PNC Park. They were going off to the left, infront and to the right of me!

Now I'm not a huge fireworks person... so I'm surprised I made this treck...but it was impressive...though I thought it was going to be bigger! Everybody else thought they were absolutely amazing!

The fireworks were put off by Zambelli's fireworks (http://www.fireworkscompany.com/home.html)... and they have been around for 50 years---so this was a celebration for them too! Any time you see or have seen fireworks in Pittsburgh they are done by Zambelli's.

If you go to any firework display in Pittsburgh again... the best place to view them is the North Side (where the stadiums are), the Point, Station Square and Mt. Washington!
My favorite... a heart shaped fire…

Related Travel Blogs About Happy Birthday Pittsburgh

Happy 250th Birthday Pittsburgh
I get up to the Olive Garden to get Kristi (sybariticangel) and we head down to Castle Shannon to get the T-train (our version of a subway).  I didn't want to deal with the traffic downtown so w… I get up to the Olive Garden to get Kristi (sybariticangel) and we head down to Castle Shannon to get…
Happy Graduation, Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas to ME!
So in the beginning of May 2000 I came out to Phoenix for the first time.  While I was there I went up to Sedona and the Grand Canyon.  Sedona was beautiful and the weather and the ambiance… So in the beginning of May 2000 I came out to Phoenix for the first time.  While I was…

Check Pittsburgh Hotel Deals