Happiness can be found at Hertz in Setubal

Avenida Luísa Todi 277, Setubal, Portugal

Happiness can be found at Hertz in Setubal Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Happiness can be found at Hertz in Setubal Jul 31, 2009
Renting a car in general in Setubal can be quite a challenge at least it was my experience, and again it might just be a question of timing. After I had to send my car to the garage in Setubal I tried to get a rental car there on an ordinary Tuesday and I tried all the car rental agencies without any luck, so not just Hertz.

The review is about Hertz though, because it was where I started my rental experience and where I ended up delivering a rental car.

I entered the Hertz office which was really small; they have by pure technical skills managed to put two tables and a desk in their office and a chair for the odd customer that enters this furniture look-a-like shop.

There was a sound of woman in there, but she was not visible in the beginning because she was actually hiding behind a screen which they also had managed to host there together with some pretty large plants. We called out a couple of times and suddenly she appeared only to tell us that they did not have any car for rental.

Three days later I was back in the little office again. I went there to deliver a car to her this time, because I had managed to get one in Lisbon after a long story (read my blog elsewhere). I entered the building just before half past twelve only to find the Hertz office closed before time. I looked at the sign saying “I will be back soon”, which was after 2pm. I was in no hurry so I went out and picked up my Volvo at the garage.

I came back at 2pm and she didn’t arrive before 15 minutes later, but what the heck she didn’t have any cars anyway. She had been out shopping so I helped her with the huge bags, so she could get in to the already full office. She complained about the heat, but I could imagine that it was more the size of her shopping bags that had given her the heat.

She was a very kind, talkative woman and she got really happy that I had a car for her, because she still did not have any 4 days later. It must have been some long days in the office for her. Just thereafter another woman appeared; it turned out to be a customer like me; she was also delivering a car. The sweet talkative Hertz womans mood almost skyrocked and became almost overwhelming; I was sure atht all we needed at this point was a couple of bottles of wine, some music and we would have had a party that would have lasted for days.

After more laughter she started to look into my papers and she came back after 10 minutes behind the sreen from the other day saying that they had made some mistake in Lisbon! I had not to pay! I looked at her; happy she was but she did not look like crazy! I asked again if it was true and she was sure! You don’t have to pay, we have made a mistake; Okay I had asked two times, so I smiled and said my goodbyes to the two ladies and left, still wondering - today as well.

Still smiling