Hanoi Gate 1 Hotel

Check Hanoi Hotel Deals

Hanoi Gate 1 Hotel Reviews

jacobi jacobi
In the heart of the Old Quarter Feb 09, 2017
I stayed in Hanoi for two weeks and this was my accommodation for the time except for a couple of short trips elsewhere. The hotel is right in the heart of the Old Quarter and very easy walking distance to a lot of good sites, although it's very easy to catch a cyclo or a motorbike to take you anywhere too far to walk. Having said that, the hotel manager Huong and his family made it easy for me to get transport to further places or even to arrange for the short trips away from Hanoi. My room was great, after I swapped from the first night in a windowless room that was small and had a crampy bathroom, which is probably quite fine for most people, but as an older guy that requires better comfort for longer stays, I opted to upgrade to a bigger, plushier room with a view. I ended up on the sixth floor with the only down side being that the room below me had a balcony that had an opened umbrella that obscured my view straight down, but that didn't stop the every other way. The room had air conditioning and a comfy bed. The room was clean and regularly serviced. Although the bathroom was nice, the shower itself was quite poor. The water pressure was terrible and I couldn't really get comfortable in there because of the shape of the cubicle and where the tap was if you tried to sit down on the seat. I can't say that all the room are like that, but my room, 668 had this issue. As for the noisy streets, well, they were only noisy between about 5am and 11pm hahaha, and actually it didn't bother me at all for some reason. I did hear a couple of bad fights somewhere in the street below, but that happens everywhere where alcohol is readily available. Huong and his wife spoke some English, and I seemed to manage to achieve everything I wanted, but some of the staff couldn't really speak a word. Breakfast was included and good enough to start the day. The fruit is so fresh. Yes, I would recommend staying at this hotel. If you prefer a backpacker style hotel, then there are some close by. A major bus stop is only a minute's walk away around the corner, as is a train station.
The front door
Manager Huong and his family
First night's room on ground floor
Upgraded to this room on sixth flo…

Check Hanoi Hotel Deals