Hanoi Asia Star Hotel

Check Hanoi Hotel Deals

Hanoi Asia Star Hotel Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Nice Little Hotel at the Old Market Jul 08, 2013
Another hotel booked through booking.com, as the location is right at the old town, where plenty of tour agent, restaurants, bar, shops, and close to the lake. It also has good review from the preview guests and the hotel also has spacious room picture we saw from the website.

From airport we took taxi directly to the hotel and it appears the taxi driver know the location of the hotel and deliver us safely.

The reception speaks English well and our booking and room was ready. The room located on the second floor, and this small hotel has small elevator which is very handy, especially if you stay at high floor. We used the elevator to the room as the bellboy was carrying our luggage and usher us to go up with him.

When we arrive at the room, I actually quite shock, as the room was really small and not like the photos shown on the website. It only has one small bed and does not have enough space for the two of us and left alone the luggage. I was not happy with the room.

I called the receptionist from the room and make a complain on the phone, but she said it was the room I booked through the website.

Finally I go down with my laptop and asked for internet connection and then show her what kind of room I booked, and shown the room pictures and description from the website. She said the picture was not for the room I booked and it was deluxe room.

I insisted that I get the room as per photo on the website as I booked the room base on that photo and description. Otherwise I would not book that small room she gives me.

Luckily I get the room as per describe on the website and the room was on the fourth floor, which was more spacious with one double bed and one single bed, a couple of chairs and table, a wardrobe, a desk, refrigerator, air condition, clean and modern looking bathroom with glass shower and the toilettaries. So I am happy with this new room.

The room price includes basic breakfast, which serves down stair near the hotel lobby. Breakfast consists of two fried eggs and a couple of toast with butter and jam, fresh water melon, fruits juice, tea or coffee.

The hotel offered several tours around and outside Hanoi city and also tour for Halong bay.

Since we have book our Halong bay tour in Ho Chi Minh, and originally we plan to stay for one night only here, as we go on tour the next day for 3 days 2 nights.

Since the room was nice and very quite at night time, we booked the same room directly from the hotel for another night when we come back from Halong Bay.

When we were away on tour, we left our luggage free of charge at the hotel.

When we come back from the tour, we have the room ready for us and the friendly receptionist welcome us back. Overall, it was nice experience at this small hotel.
the bedroom