Hannegans Restaurant and Pub

719 N. 2nd Street , Saint Louis, MO, USA

Hannegans Restaurant and Pub Saint Louis Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Go for the Toasted Ravioli! Jan 04, 2010
Hannegan's is located in historic Laclede's Landing, open for lunch and dinner. They offer an extensive menu, sure to satisfy any palate. Hannegan's is a historic restaurant, itself, opening in 1929, in New Deal America. The restaurant's decor celebrates this era.

My friends and I ate here for lunch midweek, during a daytrip outing to St. Louis. I primarily chose to eat here, for their appetizer of toasted ravioli, which is a St. Louis tradition, and Hannegan's is supposed to be among the best. And it was pretty darn good. Deep fried, meat-filled ravioli served with a sweet marinara sauce (that I liked so much that I used it on my sandwich and dipped the potato chips in, too).

In addition to the regular lunch menu, there was a lunch special menu, offering five more options -- one of which sounded quite delectable: bison sliders, topped with caramelized onions and served with homemade potato chips. I absolutely LOVE bison, and couldn't pass this up. It was DELICIOUS! The bison was cooked to a perfect medium, and the potato chips were to die for, nice and crisp. Judy got a reuban, and said that it was one of the best she'd ever had -- and that says a lot: she's quite opinionated when it comes to food.
I just loved the glasses the coffe…
The toasted ravioli
sweetsummerdaiz sweetsum…
Laclede's Landing great location, good food Sep 08, 2009
This was the suggested location for the first part of the St. Louis meetup.

We went here to enjoy a leisurely lunch. With several different sized tables to choose from, on a Thursday for lunch we had multiple choices.

A sunny 80 degree day we parked ourselves under a red umbrella and started to wade through the large menu. Tons of selections!

I ordered a Greek salad and Mark had a house salad and Irish stew. The food was good all the way around.

Initially we put off ordering for about 20 minutes in the hopes that more TravBuddies would be joining us. Since we delayed ordering it basically set the stage for our waitress to forget about us a bit during the course of our lunch. Mark flagged her down a couple of times to refresh our sodas.

Atmosphere inside the restaurant was also appealing.

In summary; location - great. Atmosphere - very good. Food - good. Pricing - average (about $9 for a big salad and for sandwiches).

I would recommend this place for lunch while in the area.
Outdoor seating.
Happily displaying the Irish stew.

Check Saint Louis Hotel Deals