Hanh Cafe Hotel

Check Nha Trang Hotel Deals

Hanh Cafe Hotel Nha Trang Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Hanh Café May 24, 2013
On the way through Vietnam you meet lots of people, talk to them, get some insight from the places where they have been, and few of them told us that they did not like Nha Trang at all. I have no idea what is their idea of good place, but I LOVED it here!

We traveled some 5-6 hours from the south and arrived to the city in beginning of evening. Bus dropped us in one of the streets parallel with the main street that follows the beachfront, and it was easy for us to walk a bit and look for hotels. In Vietnam prices for good double rooms are usually between 10 and 14 dollars and we were hotel shopping checking the rooms and prices. It did not take too long to find place that worked for us, and it was Hanh Café, few floor building with restaurant and tourist agency on the first floor. We argued price to 10$ for the nice room on the second floor with balcony and good restroom. Guy at the reception was the only one in the whole building and he started bidding war around 20$ for the “premier” room that they have, but when I told him what we are looking for, he tried to get at least some money and showed us first room that was a bit stinky and without balcony. Of course we did not like that, so he gave us room at the end of the hallway and with nice balcony. There is also good refrigerator, TV, fan and AC in the room, so you can say that the room is loaded… Bathroom has hot water and bathtub, which was a bit of refreshment from the previous places that we have been. Internet is included and WiFi worked pretty good.

Couple of plants on the balcony did not show any sign of love and were actually dying, probably without water (I did water them for couple days that we stayed and they looked much livelier).

Restaurant down stairs actually has ok breakfast (we tried it last day) but I usually like to go around and find interesting places to eat. Right across the hotel there is night club, but you won’t really hear any noise in the room. You will be a block away from the swimmable beach and most of the restaurant, bar and interesting part of the city can be walked from this location. Nha Trang has bunch of “attractions” that you should see and you can easily rent a motorcycle for 4-5$ per day and be super independent with transportation. I really loved mud baths that are across the river, but market, old towers and big Buddha are cool too.

At night they have guard that mostly sleeps next to the door, but you can easily wake him up to open the door for you. Very pleasant guy, tried conversation all the time (without much success) and took really good care of my bike). City is generally very safe but we almost lost our bag, and I was lucky that I saw guy taking it and chased him till he dropped it…

Check Nha Trang Hotel Deals