Hand Hotel Bed and Breakfast

Check Fairplay Hotel Deals

Hand Hotel Bed and Breakfast Fairplay Reviews

pearcetoyou pearceto…
Hand Hotel in Historic Fairplay Jul 20, 2011
For people who want to get something affordable during ski season in Colorado and avoid those expensive lodges, the Hand Hotel in Fairplay, Colorado is an inexpensive bed and breakfast style hotel. It's not a far drive to places like the Breckenrigde and Copper Mountain slopes. We first discovered the hotel on a golf vacation during the summer and then started booking here during ski season, although it has been a while since I last stayed there.

Fairplay is a small mining town that is full of history from the "Gold Rush" days and the Hand Hotel is a rustic, nostalgic place, itself. They only have around a dozen rooms so we always booked far in advance if we planned to stay during ski season. The rooms have names rather than numbers and are themed after some of the people who used to thrive in this area, such as the indians, miners, trappers, and Chinese. All the rooms have their own private bathroom, some have only a shower. We always found this place very cozy, especially at night when we came in and sat at the bar for a few drinks in front of the fireplace. They also have a large deck you can sit out on with a great views of the mountains. They offer a free breakfast every morning; when I stayed here it was a full breakfast but now I believe it's more like a deluxe continental breakfast.

The owners may have changed hands since I last stayed here, but the inn keepers I remember were very friendly and helpful with setting up activities like panning for gold and trout fishing in the area. You can get a room for 60-100USD, but don't expect a lot of the modern stuff like internet or movie channels. This is more of a place you would want to go to "get away from it all".

Check Fairplay Hotel Deals