Hamra Street Beirut,Lebanon.

Beirut, Lebanon

Hamra Street Beirut,Lebanon. Reviews

Hamra Street,Beirut,Lebanon. Dec 16, 2011
Reaching Beirut ,I get my first stop in Hamra Street and stay there for few days while I spent two days to look around in this nice street.

Although it is not located in Beirut Center ,this street also create anther good and important center in Beirut and I think it is important to visit it like the other parts of Beirut such as the Downtown Beirut .It`s one of main economic and diplomatic hubs of Beirut.It contain many good sidewalk cafe ,theaters,and it is the most Beirut trendiest district with large number of nice hotels ,furnished apartments.

Hamra mean red in Arabic language,one of its ends passes to the Downtown Beirut while the other end pass by you to the Beach which is about 15 minutes long from the end of street.

There are many good restaurants inside this street and they are of different types such as take away ,delivery,Sushi,dinner restaurants and don`t miss to try Barber takeaway restaurant which a very delicious food.The street near to The American University n Beirut and near to many Churches and Mosques .most prominent restaurant here are Radio Shack,Caribbean Coffee,Costa Coffee and Starbucks Cafe where you could find even Hookah .the street also contain Hotel Crown Plaza in its center.Street is always busy and bustling even in summer where it will be ore crowded with tourists from every where .Hamra Street also good for money exchange and different need for shopping since it contain any thing you need .
spocklogic says:
A restaurant named "Radio Shack" is funny. In the USA it is a popular chain of stores that sell electronics things - batteries, cables, devices and all manner of electronics items & such...
Posted on: Feb 25, 2012
Hamra Street,Beirut,Lebanon. Dec 16, 2011

Strike in Hamra Street,Beirut Nov 08, 2011
Luckily no one has been killed or injured that day/I was so petrified and my knees buckled with fright,it was Sunday morning ,November 2011,,when I ease from my hotel in Hamra Sector.It was the holiday of weekend in Lebanon,While most of Arabic countries have Friday as the weekend according to the Muslims traditions,I was stroked by what I had seen in the streets around the hotel,I was stunned when I found myself facing a huge protest of people,they are the Lebanese allies of president Bashar al --Assad .The strike headed to the Syrian embassy to support the Syrian president and his government against the opposition groups,soon the police and army troops maintained a heavy presence throughout the streets in Hamra Sector and even around the whole city of Beirut .I returned back to the hotel in that stormy day to keep my head safe.

Check Beirut Hotel Deals