Hampton Inn Waycross

Hampton Inn Waycross Rates and Deals

Hampton Inn Waycross Reviews

grandmar grandmar
Crossroads Jan 12, 2007
We drove from Brunswick to Waycross on route 82 and checked into the Hampton Inn by about 3:30. The big attraction in Waycross (other than a VERY confusing intersection of roads) is the Okefenokee Swamp

The Hampton Inn was just on the other side of the US 1 intersection. I had the address, but had not been able to find it in my mapping program. But in person it was quite obvious. We were across the street from a Freds.

Then we wanted to go and eat dinner. But the roads were so confusing that I called to the front desk to get directions. He said he would print the directions out for me, but what I really wanted was a map. They have a map on the back of the invoice but he wouldn't give me one of those. He did finally give me quite a good map.

Bob thought we were on a divided highway so he couldn't turn left out of the driveway, but what he was seeing in the dark was the division between the train tracks and the highway.

They have a high speed wireless, and I took advantage of this to upload the pictures that I had taken so far in the trip. I picked this Hampton Inn on purpose because of the wireless access over some other places which might have been cheaper.

The next day, we had breakfast. They advertised a hot breakfast, and they had pancakes in addition to the usual bagels, fruit, and hot and cold cereal. Bob had a big cinnamon bun and hot chocolate, and I had a muffin, yogurt and a biscuit with sausage gravy (another one of the hot items) - but they were out of cranberry juice. I didn't ask for them to refill it - I just drank apple juice.

We checked out at 8:35. The base rate for an AARP person was $75.60 and after taxes it was $84.67. We had a queen bed which I prefer. A king is too big.

The Hampton Inn guarantees that your stay will be satisfactory, and all the people seemed to be anxious for our comfort and welfare. The only problem I had was that the toilet seat was a split seat and it didn't quite fit the toilet so I got pinched on the bottom of the thigh whenever I sat down on it until I learned to be careful. Also I did think when we checked in that the room smelled a bit of smoke, but I had not requested a non-smoking room when I made the reservation.

The Inn has interior corridors, but we were on the end near the back door (and near the pool although it was too late in the year to use that and the exercise room), so we could park down at that end and didn't have far to carry our bags. We had to use our room key to get in that door even in the daytime, which was good, but the batteries on that lock were weak (we saw the guy replacing them the next day) and sometimes it wouldn't open for us.

We stayed here again on our way home in 2007 and this time we got to Okefenokee Swamp
Entrance to the Hampton Inn
Bob in the room
Me reflected in the bathroom mirror
pool

Hampton Inn Waycross Overview

southern charm near the okefenokee...welcome to the Hampton Inn Waycross. Discover stunning natural wonders near old-fashioned Southern hospitality when you visit Waycross, situated at the northern tip of the Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge. The Hampton InnĀ® hotel in Waycross makes the perfect home base from which to explore the area's memorable landmarks of nature and history. Start by exploring one of the most amazing eco-systems on the planet. The swamplands of the Okefenokee comprise 700 square miles of unfragmented wilderness that is home to over 100 different native animals, including Oscar the Alligator (the resident, 90 year old alligator) - and it's only about ten minutes from our hotel in Waycross. Also, get a touch of local history in the Historic Downtown district of the city, only about a mile from our Waycross hotel. Waycross Stadium and Hatcher Point Mall are also both within walking distance of the hotel. For a different take on nature, visit the Laura S. Walker State Park, with its 120-acre lake for fishing and watersports. Chat with the friendly team at our Waycross hotel for more tips on all the local sights.services & amenitiesHere at the Hampton Inn Waycross, we're passionate about taking good care of you. That's why we offer a broad range of services and amenities to make your stay exceptional. Whether you're planning a corporate meeting or need accommodations for a family reunion or your child's sporting group, we're delighted to offer you easy planning and booking tools to make the process quick and organized. * Meetings & Events * Local restaurant guide

Hampton Inn Amenities

• Lake
  • Desk
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Pool Outdoor