Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island

Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island Rates and Deals

Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island Fernandina Beach Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice place to relax and recharge your batteries May 05, 2013
I was driving around in the lovely area of Fernandina beach just enjoying the sun and the secluded beach. The area is a very quiet place and you can see that it is a place where people come to relax. Along the beach there are loads of summer cottages and some are really wonders in woodwork. After driving around there for a while I suddenly decided that I would stay in Fernandina Beach for the night as it would be a perfect contrast to the night before where I ended up in Ybor, Tampa and the party area there.

I therefore just made a quick search on my GPS to scan, which hotels that was located in the area and one of them that came out was a Hampton Inn & Suites, which is a chain that I like a lot. After checking the price of a room I booked a room on my app from Booking.com and went for the village center area where the hotel was located. When I drove into the small village I was quite surprised of the heavy traffic and the number of people that were walking towards the center until I spotted a sign that stated that it was the last day of a 3 day shrimp festival.

The main streets of the village were blocked and I had some difficulties getting in to the hotel parking spaces. I found a spot in front of the hotel as it turned out the festival was closing down and people were leaving. In the reception they were expecting me and I was welcomed; it turned out that the family of one of the reception employees were coming from Denmark, so I was quite nicely welcomed, I was given a room on second floor and at the end of the hall.

The room was nice in size; not as big as they usually are but more than enough for me, and more or less the basic Hampton Inn & Suites design in design. The main reason for taking a room at this chain is the bed; their beds are always really nice and large. They also have this concept of washing the duvet between every new guest, which I find really nice. The bathroom has always the same size. The room was really cold when I arrived so I had to turn the air condition off in order to get some heat in there.

They had given me a room facing the harbor and the beautiful sundown, which was nice of them in the reception. I hurried down to take pictures of sundown because it look spectacular from the window. The hotel had a perfect location; there was extremely good location, there were easy access to the city as well the harbor. The harbor area was nice and I could see that The Shrimp Festival had been a great attraction.

The hotel had excellent Wi-Fi connections and free parking for your car; you just had to put a sign in the front window. The hotel was definitely a good choice if you would come to this area and for the annual shrimp festival this was obvious the right place to stay.
The hotel from the harbor
The hotel room
The hotel lobby
My rental car at the hotel parking

Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island Overview

The Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island hotel is set in a beautifully preserved Victorian Era Seaport. In Florida, it is the ultimate in luxury accommodations at affordable prices. The Hampton Inn & Suites is located within walking distance to a variety of 50 eclectic shops and over 25 restaurants. At the Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island hotel you will experience the true taste of island life at its best in Florida. The Presidential Suite also offers private meeting space at the conference table. This Hampton Inn & Suites hotel offers high-speed internet access throughout the building. In Florida, the Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island hotel offers state-of-the-art ADA accommodations. ADA compliant guest rooms feature doorbell connected to lamp, phone with lamp ringer, hearing impaired auxiliary kits (available at front desk), oversized bathrooms, grab bars in shower, handheld shower, raised toilets, telephone in bathroom, lowered peephole, accessible iron and board, and added space around beds. The Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island hotel offers public spaces with convenient access for disabled guests traveling in Florida. The Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island hotel, Florida Historic Harbor Front, is located in the 50 block National Register historic district of the 13 mile barrier island's downtown. We are 2 miles from the beaches and 3 miles from the Fernandina Beach Municipal Airport. The area attractions of the Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island hotel in Florida include Kingsley Plantation National Park, island aerial tours, boat charters and tours, full-service marinas, hiking, golf courses, and water sports. The Hampton Inn & Suites hotel is within walking distance of over 50 shops and 25 restaurants and pubs. The Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island hotel features 122 rooms, including deluxe rooms/suites with whirlpool, balcony, and fireplace. We offer golf and romance packages, outdoor pool with deck overlooking the Intracoastal Waterway of Florida, and concierge desk. Amenities include a state-of-the-art fitness center, complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, in-room coffeemaker, iron and ironing board, and TV with cable. We also offer connecting rooms, cribs, voicemail and speakerphones with multiple conference facilities. Laundry/valet services and audio visual equipment are available. We love having you here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island hotel in Florida.

Please note property offers Free hot breakfast and On the Run breakfast bags, Free Internet (Wired, Wireless and Public Wi-Fi).

Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island Amenities

• Disabled Parking
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower