Hampton Inn & Suites Airport South Blue Lagoon Miami

Hampton Inn & Suites Airport South Blue Lagoon Miami Rates and Deals

Hampton Inn & Suites Airport South Blue Lagoon Miami Reviews

Bluenose Bluenose
Transit Hotel says it all really Feb 15, 2014
This hotel is fine if you have an overnight transit in Miami. It has a small pool and a modest breakfast. They have free shuttle buses to and from the airport and a $10 shuttle bus to the Dolphin mall nearby. There is a small plaza opposite with a few restaurants and some fast food joints nearby.

There is a bus stop outside with frequent buses either to Dolphin Mall or downtown Miami.

The price varies dramatically and can be much cheaper if bought on-line. It was a particularly busy weekend in Miami when we arrived and the price of the hotel reflected this. My review may have been different in regards value for money if this had not been the case.
Chokk Chokk
Nice place to spend a night after a long flight Apr 10, 2011
It had been a quite long day flying from Copenhagen with a delay due to a sick passenger and the just managing to get the connection from Chicago to Miami. Then getting the car, which also took quite some time with the strange system implemented in Miami Airport. Finally finding the hotel was not the easiest in the world because the hotel was not situated so close to the airport as I had imagined – or to put it in another way; the airport was much larger than I had anticipated.

I arrived at the hotel after midnight and at the same time as a cop in his black and white doing his patrol in the area; he was clearly a good mate of the night receptionist and I had to interrupt their friendly conversation to ask about access to the parking. The receptionist was service minded enough to let me in the garage and park under the hotel.

Entering this time from behind the reception I was expected so the cop stepped back a bit while I was checking in. I asked if there was a minibar but they had not. I was so damn thirsty that I could suck the nipples of a dead water rat; so to speak. Luckily they sold some cold sodas in their little boutique behind the reception; a soda was all right but I really wanted a cold beer after the long day – and a cold beer makes me fall asleep pretty fast.

The room was nice and large; it was the typical standard from Holiday Inn. The wall in the room was coloured yellow and there was a chair and a desk besides the huge king size bed that kept calling my name. The bed was really nice and I really like these huge and high American hotel beds; here could the hotels in Europe really learn something. The bedroom was fair sized and in the usual Holiday Inn style with a sunken bathing tub.

I emptied my soda and I opened my suitcase and found some of the summer clothes for the day after and took a shower before I headed to be and watched TV for some time. I wanted to get into the local time as soon as fast even though I felt that I could have slept around the clock but I waited one hour before heading to bed. I had planed to sleep 7 hours and then take it easy driving to Orlando after my breakfast.

I went to bed, without securing that the curtains were closing for the light. I woke up pretty early, actually way too early and I was surprised to see the surroundings of the hotel in daylight. I quickly showered and went downstairs eager do get some breakfast, because I had skipped most of the food in the plane over the pond.

As soon as I saw the breakfast area I knew that there was nothing to come after. Most of the offered products were wrapped in plastic, which meant that they probably were at least a year old. They offered an omelet that was the closest to an honest product in the restaurant; it was surely pre-maid and was absolutely not a positive experience.

I quickly assessed that there never would something that I liked there so I decided to go up and pack my stuff and start my car for the long drive to Orlando. The checkout went pretty fast and I was ready to leave after picking up my car at the parking.
The room
The view from the window
The bathroom
The blue chair
Chokk says:
Yeah but this was a former trip ;D
Posted on: Aug 26, 2011
Glynnes says:
You really do sleep around. :-D
Posted on: Aug 26, 2011

Hampton Inn & Suites Airport South Blue Lagoon Miami Overview

There is much to do and see within close distance of the Hampton Inn & Suites Airport South Blue Lagoon Miami. This hotel is situated in a very centered location, offering both the working group and the leisurely traveler an quick and convenient launch into the city, the beaches, and beyond. The Atlantic Ocean is just steps from the hotel, with many sporting and water activities at instant disposal. Those in town on business are within a few minutes of the downtown financial, commercial, and government districts of the city, while such destinations as the Bayside Market Place, MetroZoo, Seaquarium, Dolphin Stadium, Grace Museum of Archaeology and Natural History, and countless golf courses are within easy distance for the vacationer. The Hampton Inn & Suites Airport South Blue Lagoon Miami is within ten miles of the airport, and car parking is offered on the property.

Guestrooms at the Hampton Inn & Suites Airport South Blue Lagoon Miami offer wireless Internet access, satellite/cable television with premium channels, valet laundry options, limited room service, many views, and working desks.

There is a breakfast room onsite at the Hampton Inn & Suites Airport South Blue Lagoon Miami, as well as a swimming pool, a fitness center, a whirlpool, a suite shop, and a fully functional 24 hour business center.

Hampton Inn & Suites Airport South Blue Lagoon Amenities

• Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower