Hampton Inn & Suites Airport Grand Rapids

Hampton Inn & Suites Airport Grand Rapids Rates and Deals

Hampton Inn & Suites Airport Grand Rapids Reviews

perfektewelle perfekte…
Oct 20, 2006
Disclaimer: I am not only bashing Hampton Inn for an injury incurred there, but also for the lack of help in the situation and the accomodations that caused my injury.

The Hampton Inn on 28th street is not a great place to stay.

When my parents arrived in Grand Rapids to visit me while I was at college, they chose a name they knew and trusted; Hampton Inn.

However, upon arrival, we could see that things were not up to par for a Hampton.

The elevator was broken. So we had to go up OUTDOOR stairs with all of our luggage.

As if this wasn't enough of a problem, the sidewalk outside of the stairs was cracked and had a large chunk taken out of it.

enter.. me... coming down the outdoor stairs.. in the cold.. because the elevator is broken...

and I step in the missing chunk of unlevel sidewalk. I hear horrible pops. I cannot stand. My brother runs to the front desk to call an ambulance.

the reply "Now sir, is that absolutely necessary?"

no no, my sister loves sitting on the pavement.

my brother asks for ice.

it takes 15 minutes to get the ice.

I'm still sitting on the pavement.

low and behold.. an aircast and crutches for me.

The next day, I run into a hotel guest who asks me what happened.

She tells me that two days before she saw someone else trip on that crack and tell the manager. They didn't even mark it off.

While the hotel removed our room charges, I never even received an apology. Hope they are enjoying paying my medical bills.. physical therapy.. all that jazz.

it never would have happened if they had marked it off and hadn't had a broken elevator.

But do go to other hampton inn's in the country. They aren't all like this!
pinchora says:
wow...that's a crazy experience!!
Posted on: Jul 11, 2007
genetravelling says:
what an awful experience. sorry to hear....
Posted on: Jun 11, 2007

Hampton Inn & Suites Airport Grand Rapids Overview

This Grand Rapids hotel is one of the closest facilities to the airport. Guests will also find that the Hampton Inn & Suites Airport Grand Rapids is located in close proximity to other area attractions, including options for shopping and dining, bowling, golfing and even ice skating and horseback riding. The airport is less than 5 miles from the property, and guests can make use of the complimentary hotel shuttle service. Guests can also choose to get around the city via taxis or rental cars.

Each room at the Hampton Inn & Suites Airport Grand Rapids is modern and outfitted with comfortable amenities. Guest rooms provide high-speed Internet access, private bathrooms, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards, premium TV programming, comfortable bedding and a coffee and tea maker.

The Hampton Inn & Suites Airport Grand Rapids provides guests with modern amenities for comfort and enjoyment during their stay. Here, guests will find business services, as well as an indoor swimming pool, a fitness room, high-speed Internet access in all public areas, a 24-hour front desk and a car park on the property.

Hampton Inn & Suites Airport Amenities

• Photocopier
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Spa/Jetted Tub