Hampton Inn Monroe (Louisiana)

Average rate: $72 - Hotel class: 2 stars
1407 Martin Luther King Dr., Monroe, LA, USA

Check Monroe Hotel Deals

Hampton Inn Monroe (Louisiana) Reviews

grandmar grandmar
Working Girls Mar 05, 2011
made this reservation because it was about halfway between the previous hotel outside of Mobile, and our daughter's house in Frisco. The weather was really bad for driving, so we were glad to get here

We had been assigned to a room on the second floor and the hotel did not have an elevator, so the receptionist gave us the handicapped room. We can even park outside the door of our room.

Some time after we got there, there was some violent pounding on the door. I thought it might be kids who had the wrong room, so Bob looked through the peep hole and then opened the door and asked them what they wanted. They apparently had the wrong room. I asked him if it was children and he said no, that it was two adult black females. When he was telling our daughter about it later, he said they were "working girls".

When we checked out I told the man at the desk about this and he seemed disturbed and asked what I wanted to do, but I didn't want anything - just to tell him about the incident.

We saw from the TV that they have one of the next interchanges on I-20 closed for a water main repair so I asked the man at the hotel desk and he gave me specific directions which worked very well.

I love the handicapped rooms as they have a seat in the shower so I can sit down as I shower.

There was no restaurant that we could drive to without getting back on the interstate, so Bob just went to Burger King and brought back some hamburgers. Cheapest dinner to date.

There was the usual good Hampton Inn breakfast the next morning
Handicapped room shower
Breakfast buffet
Breakfast buffet

Hampton Inn Monroe (Louisiana) Overview

Completely renovated hotel that is conveniently located at the intersection of Highway 165 and I-20, the Monroe Chamber of Commerce's Customer Star Service Award winning hotel is within minutes of Coca Cola Regional Office,Pepsi Americas,Applied Technology, Hydro-Chem, PPM Consulting, UPS, CenturyTel, Graphics Packaging, St. Francis Medical Center, North Monroe Hospital, Glenwood Regional Medical Center, Atmos Energy, G. E. Supply, Chase Manhatten, ABS, General Electric, Georgia Pacific, and other major companies. Within walking distance to a variety of restaurants, the hotel is centrally located between the Ike Hamilton Expo Center, the Monroe Civic Center, ULM, LA Purchase Gardens and Zoo, Selman Field Municipal Golf, Antique Alley, the Monroe Municipal Airport, Biedenharn Bible and Arts Museum, Chennault Park, Masur Museum of Art,Selman Field Aviation Museum, and the Children's Museum The hotel features WIRELESS internet service in the lobby area, Business Center with FREE High Speed Internet Service, FREE fax service, and local phone calls. Each guest room offers the ultimate in guest satisfaction with the high speed cable already in the room, microwave, refrigerator, full size ironing board with iron, speaker phone, 27 inch television with free Cable and HBO, Pay per view movies and Ninendo64 on demand. Each guest room also has work desk with ergonomic desks and lap desk as well. Be served ''Breakfast In Bed'' and wake up your way with our state of the art radio alarm clocks that lets you set the mood for your wakeup call with choice of sports news, world news, hip hop music, country music, or easy listening music. Other amenities include complimentary hot breakfast bar, ''Grab and Go'' breakfast, complimentary USA Today, one day guest laundry service, outdoor pool. Fitness Center and Indoor whirlpool is available adjacent to the hotel. All of our King rooms have sofa beds. Rollaway beds and cribs are also available upon request. We offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee! The staff is dedicated to superior service!

Please note property offers Free hot breakfast and On the Run breakfast bags, Free Internet (Wired, Wireless and Public Wi-Fi).

Hampton Inn Amenities

• Desk
  • Facsimile
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Pool Outdoor