Hampton Inn Kayenta

Hampton Inn Kayenta Rates and Deals

Hampton Inn Kayenta Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
The Measure of Comfort and Good Service at a High Price. Jun 10, 2011
When you are a seasoned traveler like me, you have the mind to be critical when you can and appreciate comfort and good service when one comes along. My family and I, traveled for many miles from Arizona, to the Petrified Forest National park. From the Petrified Forest, we headed north to Chinle and on to Canyon De Chelly (pronounced Canyon De Shay). We had not hotel reservation and were not sure if we would be camping at Chinle. We completed our tour at a little after 4:30 pm, so we decided to head on further north towards monument Valley. Our stop was Kayenta, as we approached it we were looking for the first motel or hotel we could find since we had no reservations. Not knowing what to expect, we decided to take the first hotel or motel we see.

We drove to the second hotel we found, the Hampton in Kayenta. Located on the Navajo nation, the hotel is one of a few hotels on the reservation. The hotel is also part of the Hilton Family Hotels and keeps the Hilton standard. The last Hampton Inn I stayed at was the Hampton Inn & Suites in Tempe, Arizona. I wrote that I rarely have no negative thing to say about a hotel or accommodation I stayed at. Well I have very little negative to say about the Hampton Inn in Kayenta.

First, we were lucky to find there was only one room left to rent. 2 buses full of Italian tourists had arrived the day before and took up most of the rooms. There was only 1 room with a king bed and a couch pull out bed. We took it for whatever price they offered. $130 before tax, $147 after taxes. We were excited to get a room at that hour of the day in the middle of nowhere (well not exactly but you know what I'm talking about).

Our room was on the second floor. We were checked in by a lovely and attentive lady at the front office. She gave us our room key, advised us of breakfast times as well as information on the tour of Monument Valley when we asked. The only negative thing I have to say is the fact that we did not have the wake up call we requested for 5:30 am. That of course was shadowed by the great comfort of the bed and the wonderful hot shower.

The room was big by European standards, the King bed was short of a California king. Soft with pillows that felt like down feathered pillows. The TV was fairly new with most national channels. A laptop bed panel, coffee and tea with the niceties that go with it. The bathroom had fresh towels, and the necessary amenities. Both caffeinated and decaffeinated coffee, coffee maker and disposable coffee cups. This is a hotel on a reservation, and there is no alcohol. Both Mark and I, were surprised. The breakfast was included with the room. Typical Hampton breakfast with coffee, tea, fruits, cereal, and the option to make waffles.

I would recommend the Hampton Inn if you have the money, it is definitely a great place to rest your head after a long trip driving in or touring Monument valley.

A gift shot is located next to the lounge and dinning area. A business center where you can check e-mail, and send fax.

PS: “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain
Kana Kana
A bit pricey, but a nice place to stay near Monument Valley Jun 12, 2011
We stayed at Hampton Inn Kayenta after visiting Monument Vally. We were initially looking into the famous Goulding's Lodge, but it was full for the night. Instead, we found Hampton Inn in Kayenta and booked a room at Hotels.com.

Kayenta is a small town in Navajo Nation, located about 30 miles south of Monument Valley. The hotel is near the junction of Hwy 163 and Hwy 160 and is easy to find. The town had sort of a rough feel to it. I was surprised to see stray dogs hanging out in front of the hotel. They seem to roam around town, perhaps looking for handouts from people. They were not aggressive or anything, but I was just taken aback by them...

As I mentioned above, Monument Valley is 30 miles away, so from the hotel or anywhere in town, you do not see the dramatic rock formations you see around Monument Valley. If you wish to have a nice view from your hotel, you should try to book a hotel near Monument Pass.

The hotel lobby is beautiful and inviting. The ladies at the reception were friendly and helpful; they checked us in very quickly. Our room on the first floor was clean and well-appointed. Free WiFi was available in the room. After a week of hiking trip, we had lots of dirty clothes, so it was nice that they had laundry facility for guests. It was expensive (Sorry, I don't recall exactly. I think it was 4 or 5 dollars for a load.), but when you have nothing clean, it was handy!

They serve free breakfast at a restaurant near the lobby. I thought it was quite good for free food. There were waffles, bagels, and pastries along with eggs and sausages, fresh fruits and yogurt. There were also a good variety of juice and coffee/tea.

Overall, we had a very comfortable stay at this Hampton Inn. As there aren't many options in Kayenta, I will recommend this place to anyone who are staying in the area. Although it was on the pricey side, we were happy with the place.

Room w/ 2 queen beds

$145.98 (incl. tax+fees) @ hotels.com
Hampton Inn Kayenta
Exhibits of "Hogan", traditional N…
Outside of the hotel
Our room with two queen beds
acowboy acowboy
Southwestern Atmosphere & Near Monument Valley Nov 05, 2008
When you stay at our hotel in Kayenta, located 20 miles south of the Utah border on US 163, you'll see it sits smack dab on the Navajo Reservation. Also called the "Gateway to Monument Valley", Kayenta is a picturesque little spot in the desert that serves as a wonderful launching point to several significant national parks and monuments.

If you're looking for the perfect hotel in Kayenta, the Hampton Inn hotel in Kayenta-Monument Valley has to be seen to be believed. It features a unique three-story adobe style hotel and all rooms are enhanced with Native American colors and decor. As well, the spacious lobby in our Kayenta hotel is tastefully decorated in the classic Arizona style and features a big, warm, inviting fireplace.

Beverage Area, Complimentary

Business Center

Fax; 2.00 USD

Meeting Rooms

Photo Copying Service; 0.10 USD

Great place to stay, great hotel close to Monument Valley, and only a 1 1/2 from Canyon De Chelly and the Four Corners. Great place and was amazed by the native american flavor! They even served Navajo Tacos... = ) great place to stay and great restaurant inside. The gift shop has great items, but to me seemed a little over priced. They have the great Cloud 9 beds, and working heater since our stay was a cold night!
X_Drive X_Drive
Jul 10, 2006
This is a very new hotel. Included in this 73 room adobe-style three story hotel with inside corridors and elevators are a very large lobby area, gift shop with plenty of Indian items, a large comfortable breakfast area inside with another outside. There is a nice outdoor pool and patio area. Parking lots on both sides of the hotel make quick entry to your room easier with your room key used as a security door key. There is a laundry facility.

The room was well equipped with the usual amenities, like cable TV with HBO, refrigerator, coffee/tea maker etc. The staff was very helpful and very knowledgeable of the area.

A full breakfast was served in the morning.

I highly recommend.
Outside eating area
Gift shop
exterior side
Lobby, and eating area
keeweeset says:
I think this might be the hotel we're staying at during the summer. It's good to hear that you recommend it =)
Posted on: Apr 16, 2007

• Laundry service
  • Shops
  • Computer
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower
  • Pool Outdoor
  • Cots
  • Shops in Hotel
  • Express Check-In/Check-Out
  • Free Parking

Related Travel Blogs About Hampton Inn Kayenta

Weekend Getaway trip to Petrified Forest National Park, Canyon de Chelly, Monument Valley & Prescott
Our four day weekend getaway began in Tucson. The plan was to visit 4 destinations on our dream destinations: Petrified Forest National Park, Canyon De Chelly (Canyon de Shay), Monument Valley and fi…Kayenta 117 miles away, arriving after 7:30 pm. Lucky for us, the Hampton Inn Kayenta had just…
End of day six
We ended the sixth day of our journey in Kayenta, Arizona.  Only about 200 miles today, which is much nicer than the 350 miles of the first couple of days.  I like to drive, always have, bu…Hampton Inn, Kayenta, which is right at the corner of highways 160 and 163 where we will be turning…

Check Hampton Inn Rates and Deals