Hampton Court Palace, Gardens

London, England

Hampton Court Palace, Gardens London Reviews

tersia tersia
The home of Henry VIII Aug 04, 2011
Hampton Court Palace is the former home of the flamboyant King Henry VIII, he extended and developed this grand palace after acquiring it in the 1520's.

The palace has fabulous furnishings, tapestries and paintings. Unfortunately the one wing with most tapestries were closed due to renovations, and we only saw a few, but they were magnificent!!

My favorite places in the Palace was the weapon room, the chapel (no photography allowed) and the kitchen. I thought the kitchen was quite nice, as they tried to bring it to life with props which made it possible to smell the food being prepared and hearing all the activities going on in this large kitchen.

There were quite a lot of mothers & children, as the Palace did offer some holiday programs for the kids. Entrance is £14.00 per adult, but you can spend the whole day there. Next time I'll go back just for the gardens.
Paulovic says:
Next timer!! :D
Posted on: Sep 14, 2011
dqfn1 dqfn1
Just outside of London Oct 15, 2009
As all of my visits to museums this one was with school. The complex of the palace itself and the surrounding gardens is quite big. The palace was buildin in different times, but still there is unity in styles.

Unique at this palace are the hundreds of cimneys, not two of them are the same, every single one has a unique patern or shape.

Something I found to be unique is a painting in one of the staircases/halls, this painting starts as a mural but gose up all the way untill you find out it's now a decorated ceiling! There is no cornice.

Some of the rooms are decorated with all of the royal abundance, but some others are decorated poorly, or not at all.

Whithn the court yards you'll find actors dressed as king Henry VIII, or one of his wives. One or two are dressed as soldiers/guards or ... uhm well I don't know!

The garden is worth a visit too, this garden is huge! And most parts are open to public. Because of the connections my school has I've ben able to go backstage. So I've seen special plants and I've been able to touch them, if I wanted. We had a small tour, nothing special about that, but they've shown us the green houses, some of them are about the same age as the youngest parts of the palace.

These youngest parts are builed by king William III and II (England and Scotland where ruled seperatly) and Mary II. He also ruled over parts of the Netherlands as Stadholder William III. Their monogram can be seen above some windows on the outside.
One of the guardians, stone guardi…
The clock tower of the palace, wit…
Ceiling on top of the photo, on th…
Just a couple of chimneys
unfettered unfetter…
Hampton Court Jul 11, 2008
This is a great place to go to if you ever have the time to hop on the train and head out of London. Hampton Court has a good and illustrious history and air to it. I could give you a history course on it but I'll it it for the tour guides there. Basically it was made into a palace for Henry VIII as a gift. There is actually a mix of architectural design if you pay attention to it because it was remodeled in different time in history. There is local shops and cafe that you can visit. Once you get off the train you can take a nice stroll over the bridge and up along the side before heading straight to the palace. If you're hungry there is a small cafe located inside, pricey of course, but the soup is good on a cold day. I would recommend seeing it if time and convenience allows, but not something to do if you don't have the time for it.
Front Gate
River Area
Yay We're inside the garden lol
kbutera says:
Do you know how I can find the best way to get to Hampton Court? Do I need to take a train & bus? I will be staying in Canary Wharf. Thank you for your help!
Posted on: Apr 12, 2012
X_Drive X_Drive
Ideal English Gardens Jun 02, 2005
Hampton Court Palace Gardens were laid out by William III in 1702 and have been reproduced, and replanted over the years to retain their size and spacing. The gardeners spend hours each day cutting, pruning and keeping the look as if nothing ever truly grew here.

One of the very interesting things here is the world’s oldest known vine, the Great Vine, of the Black Hamburgh variety which was planted in 1768 and now produces over 500 pounds of grapes per year.

Each and every part of the garden is different, from hedges to roses, and other flowers planted throughout the year, to trees that line the pathways, and statues and water features. Our walking tour took us all the way around the palace and gave us lots of time to see and photograph the beauty of it all.

This is the ideal "English Garden".

Related Travel Blogs About Hampton Court Palace, Gardens

Hampton Court Palace and Kew Gardens
The day started off rather early. We were out of the hotel by 9am, went to Victoria station and caught the train to Hampton Court Palace from there. The train journey as such was uneventful. The only…Court palace in that sunny weather. I'd booked tkts on the Internet in advance so we didn't have to wait, thank God for that. I was looking…

Check London Hotel Deals