Hampshire Hotel - 's Gravenhof Zutphen

Hampshire Hotel - 's Gravenhof Zutphen Rates and Deals

Hampshire Hotel - 's Gravenhof Zutphen Reviews

Sweetski Sweetski
Historic venue with great beds Sep 12, 2009
During one of our trips discovering (once again) the highlights of the Netherlands, we went to Hanseatic Zutphen, a historic, beautiful little town. In need of a place to spend the night, we booked a room at Eden Hotel Zutphen. More specifically we booked a bed, but more on that later.

The hotel boasts both new and old rooms and we stayed in one of the older ones. Not that we noticed by the way. On the contrary; the room was quite modern, spacious and light. Little artwork hang on the wall, so if felt a bit empty. But maybe that’s modernity. :) Modern is also the proper attribute of the bathroom. It was one of the most spacious bathrooms I had ever seen in a hotel, the shower cubicle was enormous. I could literally do a dance in there and not only because I was so happy with the shower, but there was plenty space.

The room came with a range of amenities, including a trouser press and coffee and tea facilities. It was a mystery as to how we had to make coffee or tea. There was no water cooker in the room. This provided us with a chance to test the service level and I can tell you it’s fine.

A staff member speedily brought the item of our desire up to the room. On their second chance to prove their service was good, they acted accordingly. I forgot to take some stuff from the in-room safe, which they happily forwarded to me. My stuff that is, not the safe :)

One of the main reasons for us to choose this hotel was the bed brand. For long we had been looking to buy a new bed at home and we narrowed down our choice to just a couple of brands. Eden Hotel Zutphen had the specific type of Auping bed that we might want to buy. So, once we were in the room, we were up, in and under the bed. You probably can imagine how vigorously we tested all of the bed’s qualities. I am happy to say the bed passed all our trials ;)

Dinner in the catacombs of the hotel was lovely. Earlier, we had met the kitchen staff during their break. Those few minutes of rest apparently were enough to deliver quality food all evening. The staff was friendly and of good will, but obviously most of them were still in the process of learning the trade. The youngsters made plenty of little mistakes and mishaps, but due to their innocence and apologetic nature, we eagerly forgave them. One has to learn some day, and there’s no better way than ‘on the job’.

The hotel was situated perfectly; walking distance from the train station and even closer to town centre. Yet, it lay beautifully on the outskirts of the quaint little town. During the days (and nights) of our stay, there was a fancy fair in town. The thrill seekers screamed their heads off in the scary rides, but back in the hotel we didn’t hear a thing. The historic building the hotel is in, is beautifully restored and the modern additions mix well with the classic features.

Zutphen’s gorgeous town, interesting historic walks and soul soothing (electric boat) canal ride make it a highly recommendable place to visit. And if you’re in Zutphen, make sure to stay at the Eden hotel; it’s well worth it!
Eden Hotel Zutphen
View from our room
The modern room in the old building
The fantastic and spacious shower
Sweetski says:
Oh my, you really say the sweetest things Sylvia, thanks for that :)
Posted on: Sep 23, 2010
sylviandavid says:
I almost said David has to do the Limbo to reach the shower head.. (leaning wayyyy back) but I was afraid of what you would say.... LOL .... Yeah... Just asking for it ....
It really is a fine review and I really enjoyed it.... You write like a poet and I love the pictures you create with your words... (seriously: I really do) Sylvia ♥
Posted on: Sep 22, 2010
Sweetski says:
Don't worry Sylvia, you can't read them all. I'm sure I've missed great work of yours too.

About the 'G' rate; well, it is a family site after all :D
Posted on: Sep 22, 2010

Hampshire Hotel - 's Gravenhof Zutphen Overview

The Hampshire Hotel - 's Gravenhof Zutphen offers its guests a comfortable base in central Zutphen.

The Hampshire Hotel - 's Gravenhof Zutphen caters for families with children offering babysitting / child services. The hotel has a 24 hour reception, a business centre and conference room(s). Facilities include meeting rooms, a laundry service and a dry cleaning service. Get connected with the hotel's standard Wi-Fi access available for use, for more information speak to the front desk. Breuninkhof Golf is within a 20 minute drive from the hotel.

Hampshire Hotel - 's Gravenhof Amenities

• Photocopier
  • Desk
  • Facsimile
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower