Hammam Mille & une Nuit

www.spa-hammam1001nuits.com - Tel 05 24 44 30 79/05 24 44 30 80

Hammam Mille & une Nuit Marrakech Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Nice pampering May 16, 2011
If you are in Marrakech and looking for some pampering, Hammam Mille & une Nuit is a good choice. It is located a short walk from the north east corner of Place Djamaâ El Fna in the medina.

The hammam dates back to 1842 and offer a wide range of treatments – hammam, massage, scrub, manicure, pedicure, waxing, hairdresser and henna tattoos. I chose a package, which included towel, hammam, steam room, scrub with black soap and a 30 minutes massage with argan oil. All this lasted 1 hr 25 min and cost €33.

This whole experience was heavenly. The staff was very sweet and friendly. Both the ladies who scrubbed me and gave me the massage spoke English. If you wonder if a hammam is clean, this one certainly was. The second I walked out of the hammam, a lady with a bucket and broom walked in and started scrubbing. The massage room looked spotless as well.

How to find it: Walk out of Djamaä square with Café Terrasse L´Alhambra and the mosque on your left. In the corner make a right. It looks like you are entering the souk, but the street is only covered for about 100 yards. When you have walked through the covered part you will see the hammam in front of you to your right.

I can recommend Hammam Mille & une Nuit. It is not as elegant as the one I tried in Istanbul, but the treatments were very nice. Due to the prices, which are high for Morocco, this place is more aimed at tourists/foreigners than locals. The only downside is that you sometimes feel that you are on an assembly line.

The hammam is open from 9 am – 10 pm.

Since I only took 2 photos myself (was not able to take photos inside) I have used some photos from the hammams website so you can get an idea what the place is about.
Relaxing room
sarahsan says:
You should try it Richard! I love the pampering and you get SOOOO clean!
Posted on: May 16, 2011
gimpel says:
great review, i must go to a Hammam once..
Posted on: May 16, 2011