Hamilton Lake

Hamilton Lake - Quack, quack, quack

Hamilton Lake Reviews

Koralifix Koralifix
An idyllic place in the middle of a busy city Mar 03, 2009
Hamilton Lake is a lovely and relaxing place not far away from the city centre of Hamilton. If you come around for a walk or a picnic you won’t have any difficulties in leaving the daily city life behind.

A 4km long footpath surrounds the lake, which is easy to walk (or maybe you’re even interested in a quick jog along the shore, it’s a quite popular course).

Furthermore heaps of palm trees, a lot of hungry ducks, a varied playground and a picnic lawn offer a perfect holiday atmosphere.

It doesn’t matter if you come down for a walk; a relaxing hour in the shade of a palm tree or a feed of the always-hungry ducks a quick trip to the lake is always worthwhile.

I guess it’s fun to come to the lake at every time but I highly recommend a visit in the evening when the sun goes down and the lake looks more sparkly and dreamy than ever.

If you are an early bird you should watch the ‘Balloons over Waikato’ from this spot in March/April. I bet you will never forget this impression.
A sparkly lake in the evening
We´re here as well
Quack, quack, quack
bashmentbabe says:
great review sounds great
Posted on: Mar 03, 2009
Flyinhigh says:
This sounds amazing...especially the hot air balloons, I just loved your pictures of them!
Posted on: Feb 14, 2009
sylviandavid says:
This sounds so lovely... I imagine you'll give us a full update on the Balloons over Waikato in March?.. I love little oasis' the the middle of a busy town... Sylvia
Posted on: Feb 06, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About Hamilton Lake

A sparkly public holiday
January 26th - the Auckland & Northland Anniversary, that means a public holiday, yeah! Every province celebrates their own discovery anniversaries and that important date for large par…Hamilton Lake. And what shall I say; the decision couldn't have been better! The atmosphere around the lake
Welcome to a green city!
Hamilton is New Zealand’s biggest city without connection to the sea and the capital of the Waikato region, too. The city is known for its Waikato University, the big zoo, and the pretty Hamilt…Hamilton Lake compensate for a stressful day. I totally like these escapes in a quieter and more peaceful world…
Finding a Free Camp: Hamilton
We had been keen to try out the free camps we had read about and have a copy of Camps 4 Australia Wide.  Hamilton looked to be well placed on our counter clockwise route of Tassie so we headed o…lake.  On to Hamilton where we found a small flat area next to a river in the small…

Check Hamilton Hotel Deals