Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort

Check Hopkins Hotel Deals

Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort Hopkins Reviews

SmileyGirl SmileyGi…
Fun and Friendly Beach Resort Apr 01, 2010
The Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort is the perfect location for a beach vacation!

It is a rather small resort, so you get a more intimate feel than at some of those oversized ones. The main building houses the lobby, the dining room and kitchen, a gift shop, and has a beautiful veranda on two sides for relaxing and for outdoor dining. In between the main building and the beach is the pool, accompanied by some very comfy lounge chairs and hammocks. There are two smallish buildings of beachfront rooms, but the real gems are the very private tree houses. You get to these on a very charming stone path that is lighted at night.

My husband and I stayed in the Black Orchid, which is their best tree house for our honeymoon. It is a very spacious suite with a lovely living room, a kitchen, a nice bathroom with a double headed shower, a pretty bedroom with a king sized bed, and a veranda with jacuzzi. If you are a honeymoon couple who decides to stay in this suite I recommend opening up the book from the bookshelf appropriately titled "Honeymoon".

The resort is appropriate for people vacationing for any reason. During our stay there was a variety of people staying including honeymooners, a family, a big diving group, a mother and adult son, and a group of adventurous ladies in their 60's, so whatever your reason for coming to Belize you will not feel out of place at the Hamanasi.

The staff was superior! They all took the time to learn our names and were extremely kind, helpful, and personable. I can’t say enough how fabulous our dive instructor was! It was our first time diving and I have a bit of a water phobia, but our instructor couldn’t have been kinder and made sure to go at our pace. He even held onto me the whole time on our open water dive as I didn’t feel the most comfortable and couldn’t get the pressure of the equipment right. The servers and the three people who worked at the front desk were all great and a delight to talk to. Everyone was willing to talk about their life in Belize. It was great fun chatting with them at every opportunity we got! The drivers and guides were also very knowledgeable, fun, and willing to chat about life in Belize. My husband and I had several good conversations with many of the staff members on our stay.

The adventures they offered were wonderful! We loved the Mayflower waterfall hike. It was a bit of a tough climb but even the 60 year old mother in our group made it to the top. There we were rewarded with a swim in the natural pool under the falls. The coolest thing about our hike though, was by far our jaguar sighting! Our guide says he only sees one about once every year so we were extremely fortunate!

We also really enjoyed the horseback riding through and orange grove and into the jungle. This is not the most popular activity so it was just my husband and I who got to enjoy it.

Cave tubing was another activity we tried, however this one was not our favorite one. It is actually through another lodge there in Belize and they accidentally sent us on the wrong one so they had us swimming up steam in our tubes which just wasn’t the relaxing lazy river type day we had imagined.

If you like taking to the water the resort has a couple of sea kayaks available for use at no charge.

An adventure you can partake in on your own is an excursion into the town of Hopkins. The resort has golf carts and bikes you can use or just get a driver to drop you off in town. The people are friendly and there are a few characters you don’t want to miss! The crazy hemp lady is a must, as is Gifts from the Sea but not for the crafts the couple makes as they are not good but for the stories you might come away with. There is an excellent craft store made by the town’s artist. He can make anything out of wood!

The Mayan ruins day was by far our favorite thing we did. They took us to two different Mayan ruin sites, both impressive in their own ways. To get to the first site you have to cross a river on a hand cranked ferry. The guy who operates it will gladly let you take over if you wish to try to crank the ferry yourself. The vendors who sell their crafts along this river are delightful, all vying for your attention. The ruins speak for themselves, they are spectacular.

I really loved all of our dining experiences! Each morning they serve a continental breakfast buffet with seasonal fresh fruit and a variety of breads, pancakes, and waffles that rotate each day. If you happen to be there for lunch, the menu is delicious. We liked the snapper burger best. Dinner was always magical as the sun set and the sky turned the most amazing blue. The menu rotates so there is always something new to try and different kind of fresh bread is offered each night. If you wish, they will set up a private dinner for you on the beach. My husband and I did this one night and we couldn’t have been happier! Also, on your stay if you find a particular entre that you really liked and would like it again before you leave but know it won’t be on the menu again, they will be happy to prepare it for you any night of the week as long as you notify them in advance.

My best advice is not to go with an all-inclusive package. We saved a ton of money by just paying for everything al-a-carte! This was the most true when it came to meals. The packages include lunch and chances are you won’t be there to enjoy very many of these with all the adventures they offer. It also includes three courses with dinner; a salad, entre, and dessert. The portions are huge so unless you like leaving more than half of the meal you payed for untouched, I suggest skip the salad and just order the entre. As far as dessert, it was very yummy the nights we had it, but most nights we did not and neither did our dining companions that we met there so it would be another waste of money had we gone with the all-inclusive package.

Overall we had a great time! The Hamanasi was a great value and I highly recommend the Hamanasi for your next vacation!
Living room in the Black Orchid Su…
They cover the whole room in orchi…
Dinner on the beach
The outside dining room
SmileDR says:
Great Job!!
Posted on: Feb 07, 2012
Lord_Mike says:
Rockstar....already being featured! Congratulations!!!
Posted on: Apr 14, 2010